ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Can i sell aNON-EBOOK product at clickbank?Subscription site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    simba111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Can i sell aNON-EBOOK product at clickbank?Subscription site Reply with quote

Just wondering what clickbanks rules are for letting people sell non-ebook digital products. I wish to sell my password protected members only area for a 1 time fee...no re-curring billing. It will be priced at 97$ (over the usual $50 limit). Is that still a rule you cant charge more than 50$ on clickbank?

Please help. I REALLY REALLY want to use Clickbank for this site...GREAT affiliate program built in!!

Thanks guys..you are so helpful and wonderful! Razz Shocked
    Tim Coulter
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Your membership site is a digital product, so it falls within ClickBank's range of permitted product types. And since you intend to charge a once-only fee, you'll not need to worry about recurring billing, which is good, since ClickBank doesn't yet support this.

Regarding your proposed price of $97, this also shouldn't be a problem. ClickBank's usual price limit is $50, but they will allow prices up to $250, by special arrangement. If you haven't yet activated your account, just use the standard activation procedure. If your account is already activated, send an email to limits@clickbank.com, asking them to raise your limit and explaining why you need your limit raised.

Tim
    ClickBank - The Definitive Guide
    (The Ultimate ClickBank Tutotial and Reference Manual)
    simba111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Help w/ subscription stuff... Reply with quote

Would it be possible to use clickbank to charge ANOTHER $19.95 or so for every 6 months after the 1st payment (but where the customer choses to do so...) I would never use re-billing or anything...they would be sent a link after the 1st year stating their membership is over, and if they wish to continue go to this link and you get a SPECIAL members only rate of $19.95 for the next 6 months, and every 6 months i do the same...

Would i be able to set up clickbank to accept this second and 3rd ....etc..payment of $19.95 for every 6 months after, or should i use another merchant account....

I need to update the site weekly and its a lot of work to not charge anything FOREVER...

Thanks for your advice...what would you do???
    Tim Coulter
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila,

This is quite a complicated problem. It appears that your business model demands a recurring billing system, albeit one with irregular payments. ClickBank does not support recurring billing, so you will have to implement this yourself, using manual procedures.

You can do this by creating two ClickBank product definitions, one priced at $97, called "first year subscription" and another priced at $19.95, called "renewal subscription". From a billing perspective this will work without a problem, but you will also need to manually administer access to your site and notify people when they need to renew, providing a link to a sales page that enables them to buy your renewal subscription. This approach entails keeping a close watch on whether people renew on time, so that you can withdraw access if they fail to pay.

If you wish to automate this technique, you could have some custom software written that emails your members when their subscription expires and de-activates their account if they do not renew within a specified time period. However, you should be pre-warned that custom software is expensive, so think carefully about whether your business justifies this level of automation.

There is one final issue that you should consider - affiliates. If you intend to promote you membership site through affiliates, you need to be clear from the outset whether they will earn a commission only on the initial sale or whether there is a recurring commission on the renewal subscriptions.

Hope this helps,
    simba111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks Tim Reply with quote

Would i also need to setup a SECOND clickbank account for the second price of 19.95 for each 6 months after? and if not, how do i set up the second price for the same site?

Thanks Tim, If i planned on just giving affilates the initial commission on the 1st sale (97$), should i use another merchant account like 2checkout or pay pal for the re-newal subscription rates...would that be easier?

thanks
    Angela Smith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelia,

Tim's correct about everything he said.

My membership site emails the one-year members 30 days prior to their membership expiration date. In it is a Clickbank link (under the same account - since you can have 50 products under one account) that invites them to sign up again.

It was very costly to have custom programmed but worth every penny. And since I brought the rights to it I can have as many membership sites as I need or want.

My affiliates get one fee for the initial sign up. I do that simply because my membership requires constant updating and if someone signs up again after that first year I figure it's because I poured my heart and soul into providing what they wanted/needed.

Good luck with your site,

Angela
    Free 30-day trial - http://show--me.com/?i=21763/
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: