ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Different reason for using Clickbank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    inSPIREministries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Different reason for using Clickbank Reply with quote

I feel like an outsider at times because my reason for using Clickbank seems very different than most others.

I operate a Bible study web-site, www.ScriptureToolkit.com . I could have easily offered the subscription as a freebie and loaded the site with ads (affiliate links). My primary purpose, though, was to allow church groups to offer the subscription as a fundraiser by email or links on a church web-site.

Having just recently gone from extensive *beta* testing to a full launch, I am happy to say the response is positive so far.

The problem is: I don't know of anyone else who is using Clickbank such a non-conventional manner. Much of the wonderful information about building up an affiliate army of sellers doesn't respond well to what I am doing. For instance: getting youth ministers to accept this as a fundraiser HAS to be a friend-to-friend, word-of-mouth effort. Conventional internet marketing does not work with these people.

Anyone else doing something off-beat? Any suggestions for marketing this unusual strategy?

I appreciate in advance any support, suggestions, comments!!!

J. Brent Eaton, M.Div., Founder,
    inSPIREministries

--------------------------------------
    Scripture Toolkit affiliates earn
    65% for each subscription!
    www.ScriptureToolkit.com

Last edited by inSPIREministries on Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
    Tim Coulter
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Different reason for using Clickbank Reply with quote

inSPIREministries wrote:

I feel like an outsider at times

Please don't feel like that. If you have an interest in ClickBank, you'll always be welcome here. Moreover, you might be surprised that your unique audience allows you to discover opportunities and tactics that we've all missed. Who knows? In a future post, you might be teaching us about something that worked for you, that we can apply to our "mainstream" ClickBank businesses.

inSPIREministries wrote:

Much of the wonderful information about building up an affiliate army of sellers doesn't respond well to what I am doing. For instance: getting youth ministers to accept this as a fundraiser HAS to be a friend-to-friend, word-of-mouth effort. Conventional internet marketing does not work with these people.

The principles of affiliate marketing are pretty much tried and tested, regardless of the audience. Your problem seems to be convincing your prospective affiliates to make the mindset shift that will turn them into marketers. But, if the cause is justified, that shouldn't be impossible to achieve.

Have you considered compiling an ebook that helps them to understand the concept, within the context of their existing fundraising activities? There is plenty of good generic material available on affiliate marketing, but yours needs to address the ethical issues that your audience may perceive to be a barrier. If you choose a good title that clearly targets your niche (something like "Affiliate Marketing as a Church Fundraising Tool") and make the ebook readily accessible and freely distributable, you would probably find that it would spread virally, bringing you a flood of willing (and well trained) affiliates in short order.

Good luck,
    Tim
    inSPIREministries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the response, Tim!!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the words of encouragement and the great idea about the fundraising e-book. I never, but probably should have, thought of that!!!

I hope my original post didn't sound too depressing. I am actually rather excited about what has happened so far. I just haven't found anyone else approaching the church market the way I am. I may have a wide open market with little competition.

One thing I have learned: the target audience does not respond to emails from strangers. The viral e-book idea may be a great way of getting people I know to pass on my info to people they know...

Keep the ideas coming!

inSPIREministries

www.ScriptureToolkit.com
    View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
    Tim Coulter
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the response, Tim!!! Reply with quote

inSPIREministries wrote:

I just haven't found anyone else approaching the church market the way I am. I may have a wide open market with little competition.

Exactly. It is every marketers dream to discover a market that nobody else is approaching in the same manner. You should capitalize on it.

Tim
    JohnWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: if you're an outsider .... Reply with quote

if you're feeling that you're an 'outsider", it's just in your own mind.
    I think "pioneer" is a more accurate term.
    Get stuck in because it will be a road that more will be travelling once the word about your niche gets around.
    http://www.ezyebook.com/book_news/
    inSPIREministries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: I won't let 'stinkin thinkin' get the best of me Reply with quote

Thanks for the words of encouragement, John.

inSPIREministries

www.ScriptureToolkit.com
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: