ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

New CB Merchant -- Old CB Affiliate Very confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    deniseoberry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: New CB Merchant -- Old CB Affiliate Very confused Reply with quote

Hello --

I'm so glad to have found this forum. I've had an affiliate account with CB for a while. I just this week added one of my products to CB to sell. Here's my question. Does the Site Information ---> Homepage need to be the url of the page that my affiliates links will land on?

Thanks in advance!

Denise O'Berry
    Tim Coulter
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denise,

ClickBank's control panel currently allows you to configure only one URL for your site. This serves several purposes:

- Affiliates who discover your listing in the ClickBank Marketplace will arrive there
    - Likewise for prospective customers who see your Marketplace listing
    - Prospects referred to your site via the Hoplink system will land on this page

So, the URL you configure in your ClickBank account should ideally point to your product sales page. This gives you the best chance of converting your inbound affiliate referrals into sales.

You may wish to create a separate web page to recruit affiliates, but it's not wise to use this URL in your ClickBank account, as it encourages prospective buyers to join your affiliate program prior to buying your product, just to gain a discount on their purchase.

These limitations may disappear when ClickBank completes the control panel changes necessary to support all the new features in its Enhanced Hoplink system. The following article explains a little about what's coming ...

http://www.clickbankrevealed.com/articles/article-09.aspx
    deniseoberry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Got it working! Reply with quote

Tim --

Thank you so much for your quick response. I had configured the URL yesterday, but when I tested the "hop" it wasn't going to that new page. It must have taken a bit for their servers to update as it is working fine now. I searched through document after document and none explicitly said that the URL was supposed to be the landing page URL, but I finally figured that out. Thanks again for your help and the referenced article.

Best regards,

Denise O'Berry
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: