ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Click Bank Statistics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Kern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Click Bank Statistics Reply with quote

I was wondering why a massive affiliate network like clickbank does not have adequate statistics. I mean, how hard can it be to report on the number of times a specified link has been clicked on. I am really paranoid about this.

Can anyone reassure me that clickbank is safe to do business with.
    Tim Coulter
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this doesn't directly answer your question, it may help to solve the problem you have described ...

Take a look at Harvey Segal's free Ad Tracking SuperTips ebook (http://www.ad-tracking.com/adbook.html), in which he reveals numerous great uses for ad trackers, including gaining access to improved affiliate referral stats.

Regards,
    Tim
    No Way

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: CB Stats Reply with quote

I agree with you on the lack of stats at CB. A whole cottage industry has grown up to fill in where CB has failed to function. Not even a page that lists the newest merchants added and or dropped in the last 30 days. Now how hard is that? Not to mention all the dead links out there that affiliates don't even know are dead! These links could be rerouted to a similar merchant and producing money for all three parties.

I sent I don't know how many clicks to "evergreen9" which used to be a site that sold reports on silver fillings being poisonous. Finally I noticed there had been no conversions for months. When I checked to see if it was dead, I find that "evergreen9" is now a how to sell real estate site which has nothing whatsoever to do with teeth. How did that happen??? I emailed CB about this but never got an answer.

Getting back to the subject though, last fall CB had big ideas of upgrading and getting fancy if you remember (with the new hop link brainstorm), I've decided that they're not to good at upgrading (the attempt created major chaos) so therefore, I'd just as soon see them leave well enough alone, let people that are better at it create their own software to do CB's job for them and I'll pay them my money willingly in order to function. CB is simple, they are good at simple and I like simple. Leave em alone, let it stay simple. You can't have simple and bells, whistles and frills all in one evidently. This boat floats, let it float, go get your frills somewhere else. That way you get to pick and choose what kind of outboard motor or sail or oars you want to use.

If CB had motors, sails and oars, no one else would bother selling them and I'm convinced we're a lot better off with chooseable outside options even if we do have to pay for them.

Go over to a CJ forum and listen to how all their fancy bells and whistles are working out. I had over 300 cj merchants not long ago but I'm steady swapping them out with merchants from other networks including some from CB. When traffic and clicks are the same but the money drys up, it's time to do some changing. It don't matter why as long as its not on my end, what matters is that your working for nothing! No money, no honey.

By using these outside products, you can also double check some of the networks that have them built in, some are worth having just for that reason alone. I'd rather do my own tracking anyway, I trust me more than I do anyone else. I can usually tell when I'm lying to me!!! Rolling Eyes
    mets

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
    stillhill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Way writes:

"This boat floats, let it float, go get your frills somewhere else. That way you get to pick and choose what kind of outboard motor or sail or oars you want to use. "

I couldn't agree more!! I use to feel the same way as Kern a year ago, until clickbank started to make changes and I lost thousands of dollars due to downtime etc. (not saying it was 100% clickbank's fault.. this forum has already covered this topic numerous times so I won't go into it).

I guess what I am trying to say is, I have had great success with clickbank and their current system. For what they lack, I have found otrher services to make up for it. I would much rather have the choice then to have clickbank do a 180 degree change and hope for the best.

I do agree that it does get frustrating that clickbank may not have even the basic bells and whistles, but the fact is, Im am making a living thanks to clickbank right now. Maybe i'm old fashioned and hate change, call it what you want but I say, leave well enough alone, and rely on third parties to handle what clickbank can't, won't or whatever the reason.

On a side note, one thing I wish they did have (here I go again lol) is a way to have a backup site.

In other words, if a merchants site is down, the merchant can have a mirror site setup on a different server and clickbank would load that one instead.

Peter
    kaylowe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Stats Reply with quote

No Way wrote:
    I agree with you on the lack of stats at CB. A whole cottage industry has grown up to fill in where CB has failed to function. Not even a page that lists the newest merchants added and or dropped in the last 30 days. Now how hard is that? ...............

I've always suspected that Clickbank's lack of stats was intentional. If they provided these services, how would merchants sell such programs as "affiliate alert", etc. If Clickbank provided this service, there would be no market for it.

Kay
    ClickBobby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Stats Reply with quote

kaylowe wrote:
    I've always suspected that Clickbank's lack of stats was intentional. If they provided these services, how would merchants sell such programs as "affiliate alert", etc. If Clickbank provided this service, there would be no market for it.
    Kay

If that's the case, I suppose ClickBank has decided they will earn more from someone selling "affiliate alert" or some other service instead of ClickBank offering that service to all vendors/affiliates. It sure seems to me that they would earn more in the long run by providing good reliable features to vendors & affiliates.

In another thread, someone mentioned where ClickBank is seeking someone to volunteer an ASP script. Who knows the method to the madness?

I agree with what was posted previously. New features would be nice. But if ClickBank can't implement them relatively smoothly, just leave it alone.

With that said, I sure do wish vendors could pre-approve affiliates or at least be able to block individual affiliates.

Bobby
    Max_m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Stats Reply with quote

No Way wrote:
    last fall CB had big ideas of upgrading and getting fancy if you remember (with the new hop link brainstorm), I've decided that they're not to good at upgrading (the attempt created major chaos) so therefore, I'd just as soon see them leave well enough alone, let people that are better at it create their own software to do CB's job for them and I'll pay them my money willingly in order to function. CB is simple, they are good at simple and I like simple. Leave em alone, let it stay simple. You can't have simple and bells, whistles and frills all in one evidently. This boat floats, let it float, go get your frills somewhere else. That way you get to pick and choose what kind of outboard motor or sail or oars you want to use.

If CB had motors, sails and oars, no one else would bother selling them and I'm convinced we're a lot better off with chooseable outside options even if we do have to pay for them.

I second every word Laughing

If you want bells and whistles, go promote CJ products. We want CB as simple as it always been (no upgrades please !!!!). I like seeing sales, not wasting my time on worthless (non converting) fancy statistics.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: