ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Naive question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    BlueIce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Naive question Reply with quote

Hi guys, noob here considering becoming a Clickbank affiliate. Sorry if this is a very obvious question, but I know I need to start a website for each product, but what exactly do I put on the website? Do I really have to write my own sales copy for everything? I'm finding this prospect a bit daunting since I don't know anything about writing compelling sales letters or web design. Is website generating software like this any good? contentwebsitebuilder.com

Also, I keep hearing all these off-putting stories about affiliate marketing - people putting in months of head-banging frustrating effort only to earn nothing for months and months and how terribly hard it all is. Now, I'm certainly not expecting to get rich overnight doing next to nothing, Rolling Eyes but I would like to know if it's possible for a person willing to put in plenty of effort and focus to start making some decent money fairly quickly? I'm currently unemployed, so the bad news is that I've only got about $200 maybe $300 I can spend on starting up my online business but the good news is that I've got more or less all the time in the world to work on it.
    Damian Pang

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Hope you have a great time here.

You can gain a wealth of knowledge by going through our forum threads.
    Tip: Before posting your questions, use the 'Search' feature located at the top of the page.

You can find more info regarding website creation and related programs within these threads:
    http://clickbanksuccessforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4965
    http://clickbanksuccessforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35948
    http://clickbanksuccessforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36051
    http://clickbanksuccessforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=40774

Let me point you in a few more directions:
    http://www.clickbankguide.com/
    http://www.supertips.com/101/

After that if you have any specific questions, you can post them in the forum.

Good luck
    Damian
    sagerock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    I'm finding this prospect a bit daunting since I don't know anything about writing compelling sales letters or web design.

Hi BlueIce,

I could be wrong about this, but based on only my point of view, I think you need to prepare to become a world class writer and Web marketer.

At the very least, you are going to have to know enough to know what looks like it works to you and what doesn't work.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel. But you do at least have to know exactly how that wheel was built.

So, I'd just start getting it into your head that you are a great writer, a great sales person, and a great Web marketer. Then go out and learn how to become those things. It just takes study and practice.

You probably are only going to have to be adequate at html/Web design. Smile Just enough to make your way around. But I don't think it's necessary to be a css, php, html guru (you probably should know what all 3 of those acronyms mean though).

Just be honest about what you are facing. Let that scare the crap out of you for a minute. And then get to work to slay that beast!
    Adrian Ling
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BlueIce,

Spend some time going through the links that Damian has given you. Lots of good info there.

I just want to add this:

There are tons of different niches - weight loss, golf, dog training, dating, etc, etc.

Most newbies jump into one niche, try it for a few weeks, see no results and then jump to the next niche - one after another. They did not stay long enough to carve a 'niche' for themselves in a single chosen niche.

My advise is this:

Spend sometime to choose a niche (one that's profitable, i.e. one with buyers who have money to spend and are willing to spend).

Then, stick to that niche and try to find a unique angle to present your offer.

Once you have that - all the other stuff can be easily learned.

Best regards,
    Adrian
    BlueIce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a lot of information to digest here.

I'm actually a pretty good writer, I think I'd be good at writing compelling articles so I want to try the article marketing/bum marketing method.

The main thing that's freaking me out is comming up with a professional looking website. It's like this psychological block that's preventing me from making a start. I'll be all exited about starting my business and then I'll remember I have to build a website and go 'uuugh'. Confused Is there any way I could outsource it or any software's/templates out there that would be useful to a newbie like me?
    Damian Pang

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find the resources in the threads I have mentioned above. There are some good free ones and also some budget deals there.

Those should be able to start you off. When you're ready to invest in the future, you can PM me.

Good luck
    Damian
    sagerock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's your biggest fear... I think you are in good shape.

I'd probably recommend setting up a Wordpress blog and just use a free template that either comes with it or do a search for wordpress templates.

If you haven't yet, go over to Wordpress.org and read about how to setup one of these sites.

It might seem daunting at first, but just take your time reading through the content. Then get a domain name (about $15/year), a hosting account (probably about $100/year). Make sure the Web host can easily allow the installation of a Wordpress blog.

Then you're pretty much off to the races.

If you went full tilt, I bet you could have a web site up and running by the end of the week.

Good luck!
    Beau ClickBank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueIce,

I completely agree with sagerock- if you're afraid of website building, Wordpress is by far the best way to go, for a number of reasons. I'm terrible at web design and have never had any luck (or skill) trying to design my own site from scratch, but I've built a number of good-looking, SEO-optimized websites on a variety of topics, literally in under an hour each. Many popular web hosts include the ability to automatically install the latest version of WordPress for you, so you don't even have to know how to set up the database or install the files yourself.

Besides being free, the main benefits to it are all the great free themes that sagerock mentioned. Just do a Google search for "best free wordpress themes" and you'll find tons and tons of good ones to choose from that look plenty professional enough.

The other main benefits to WP are all the good free plugins that let you add to the functionality, the ability to include video and that kind of thing easily, which can help your site carve out a niche like Damian mentioned, and that if you set up the permalink structure to use your post titles, you can get ranked in the search engines very quickly with no additional effort on your part.

Enough sounding like a Wordpress fanboy- if you have any questions or concerns about it, feel free to ask me here or on Twitter and I'll do my best to help you out getting started with it. You can definitely do this- don't let the website thing scare you.

Best of luck,
    Beau

For more CB help, check out our Blog and Help Center.
    Eoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blueice,

preety much the same here. I also have no problem with the writing, I preety much have the two copies that I will be experimenting with and I think they are preety good, too. But I have downloaded wordpress today and I don't know why, but I expected it to be very simple and straighforward. I am sure it is once you get the hang of it, but right now I don't know what the hell is that guide talking about, databases, servers, elephants and acrobats, live snakes, monkeys... Rolling Eyes

It woould be usefull if someone could point out to a basic of the basic guide for wordpress...
    Beau ClickBank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eoon,

I think your best bet would be checking out becomeablogger.com, which has a bunch of free videos walking you through every step of setting up, managing, and publishing to a Wordpress site. It also includes stuff like how to do SEO properly using Wordpress, though if you have any questions about that specifically, feel free to ask me.

Damian Pang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WordPress itself provides you with all the basic instructions you'll need.
    Go here:
    http://wordpress.tv/

Get the basics pat down first.

If you have any specific questions regarding WP, you can post here.

Cheers
    Damian
    BlueIce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I spent today studying all about Wordpress and Squidoo...I'm starting to get that "I can do this!" feeling again. Very Happy I also managed to find a really good course on article marketing.

Still trying to find a good niche though. I thought I'd found a good one (NLP hypnosis), did all the keyword reasearch, found phrases with low competition and high searches: but then all the products for this niche on Clickbank had really low gravity like 15 or less. Bummer. idk why since it's such a searched for thing and the pitch pages looked pretty good. Does this matter? Some of the products claim to have a great conversion rate, like 4-10% yet still have a crappy gravity - how come?
    Damian Pang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easier to start with niches that you are familiar with.

For instance, if you are adept in martial arts for example. You can start with looking at the all the ralted products avaiable for promoting and then decide which ones you want to actually market.

Remember, Content is King - useful, relevant and unique content.

When you're familair with a particular niche, it opens up more opportunities for you to express yourself. And by providing fresh and useful related content, you increase your chances of converting too.

Cheers
    Damian
    Beau ClickBank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueIce,

Keep in mind that low gravity, while sometimes indicating that a product isn't selling, is also based on how many different affiliates are making sales from that product. So even if a product is making sales, if only a few affiliates are promoting it, it may not have as high a gravity as a product with similar sales but lots of different affiliates.

I don't actually have any idea what that niche's sales are like, but low-to-medium gravity isn't the end of the world. It can be an indicator that a market just isn't as competitive amongst affiliates, and is somewhat untapped. If it looks like it's getting a lot of searches, it might be worth trying anyway, as long as you follow Damian's advice.

Beau

BlueIce

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the niches that I'm already knowledgable about seem to have any products with high gravity. It's a bit confusing - low gravity could mean I'm onto something good with little competition, or it could mean not many affiliates want to touch it because it's a crappy product that won't sell. Then again I see some stupid scam products out there with high gravity Evil or Very Mad - I'd never sell one of those. Is a low return rate something to go on? How about referred rate?

How does starting out with something with an intermediate gravity, like 30-80 sound?
    Beau ClickBank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueIce,

This isn't a hard-and-fast rule, by any means, but choosing a product with a gravity in the range you describe could be a good choice because it means that it's making sales but probably isn't ultra-competitive.

Return rate isn't published, so that's not something you can go off of.

Also keep in mind, when deciding whether to promote a product based on gravity, that gravity is time-sensitive (i.e., it's based partially on recent sales, rather than lifetime sales). So a product that sold like hotcakes 6 months ago may have cooled off and had its gravity drop, making it look less appealing than it used to, while still converting well or maintaining steady sales for the affiliates who still promote it.

Since most products have a distinct life cycle (some sell very well at first, then level off, while others slowly build sales), a lower gravity score may just mean that some affiliates who used to promote it have moved on to try to find the "next big thing" and doesn't necessarily indicate that the product won't convert. Conversely, it may mean that the product is still building momentum and just hasn't achieved critical mass yet.

Finally, some niches will just likely never have products that reach as wide an audience as others, but may convert at a higher rate than popular products with much higher gravity. For example, diet and fitness products sell extremely well, at ClickBank and in many other venues as well. On the other hand, a product that's much more niche-oriented, such as preventing panic attacks or curing adult acne, may appeal to a much smaller portion of the population but convert like crazy amongst their target market*. These kinds of "microniche" products can be very profitable for affiliates without ever achieving the extremely high gravity you see in more popular niches.

*Please note that I just pulled these products out of the air as the first examples I could think of. I don't actually know whether they convert well or are extremely profitable, so don't necessarily jump on those as if I've let slip a big ClickBank secret. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: