ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

newbie question: gross sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    pete1970

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: newbie question: gross sales Reply with quote

Its the first time I've promoted serioulsy via Clickbank. My hops are direct from google adWords ad's and I'm happy with the 1200+ hops, and the 80+ order form impressions, and the actual 8 order form submits, but not happy with the zero gross sales Sad

I'm assuming the transactions fail for incorrect/invalid details, or people trying illegal stuff, but would have hoped at least 1 or 2 would have been successful, and that would have paid for my adwords campaign.

I targetted my ads worldwide, and I see order submit attempts from Phillipines, Malyasia, Peru, Colombia, with only one from the USA. I don't want to cast dispersions but should I be more selective on the countries I target?

Is this the norm with most transactions failing?
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We in Western countries take for granted that when an order form is presented, it requires a credit card and will cost us money to get that product.

The bulk of the Non-Western countries still have A LOT of people really quite new to the whole concept of actually buying online. They surf the web, but do not buy. A lot don't even own credit cards.

So when your Ads attract people from these countries, they think its free info...hence they end up at the order page trying all sorts of things (other than using their credit card) to get the product.

The above info is from my reading of Jacob Nielson's (leading usability research expert) report after documenting Amazon and a lot of other big sites' sales in developing countries via live tests and IP behavior tracking (I don't have time to get into details).

I suggest you limit your ads to US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand. I make almost all my money from the US and UK. If you can hit these two markets, you are set.

You can test Eastern Europe, didn't work for me though. Canada was shockingly bad for click throughs and sales.

There are tons of other nations where a lot of people do speak English, such as India, but avoid these for all paid advertising. Focus of SEO for such countries as it will not cost you on a per lead basis.

Keep in mind the currency conversion factor as well. USD $47 might not seem like much to an American but could be a whole month's wages for someone in say Delhi.

By the way, you will not offend any marketer by "casting dispersions" on some countries. We are only interested in the facts and state it as it is. It may offend the 'regular' person from that country...but this is a forum full of marketers and online entrepreneurs.
    BL!sS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, I also need help

I need to know which product is worth promoting as a newbie, I use PPC, I will do SEO later since I need fast cash 'in a way'

I see Im not far away from making dollars online cause there people are clicking on my ads,

im not using google ads for now since its expensive for me, rather I use one of those APS's, I am able to get 500 clicks a day for $0.05 CPC

so please help me get a good converting product and thanks for the advice of being selective on which countries you advertise in, it makes sense,

I had 200 clicks of a 'tv on pc' clickbank product and had Not a single sale two days ago

this time I had 100 clicks on a 'home paid surveys' company from PDC and had no sales though they said it is very high converting, so maybe im doing something wrong Sad

this time im planning to promote another 'work from home' product please let me know if it is worth promoting or does anyone suggest a different product for me, thanks in advance

please you can pm me, which prodcut will definitely make me at least some sales from 100 clicks
    Eoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably sound like a dope, but what's APS? Confused I am doing PPC and I would like to know what's the service that gets you 500 clicks at a 0.05...it's just what I need..

especially since I've been highlighted in Google's book and since they are slapping every one of my sites...

so, can you please share what are you using?
    BL!sS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for taking long to reply, by APS I meant 'Ad Placement Service' those which are pay-per-click but not at search engines rather at people's websites[adsense].
    The Return on Investment is very good, some hit up to 7% CR, since yu said yu use PPC, please help me out, I never made a sale and was very discouraged by people around me saying Its impossible to make money online[yu know...skeptics]
    so since you guys are already successful, it fives me courage and confidence, however, I need someone to give me a clue about which ads are hot and etc, I know I can trial and error by myself, but I don't have that amount of cash for now, please pm me about your testimonies and which ebooks are a killer,
    Ok I am using Bidvertiser.Com, and I meant 0.05 per click Not per 500 clicks, please help me out make my first sale. cheers,
    Eoon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am fairly new to the game myself - making a full time living online for some 6 months now...

I can tell you this:

*I always excluded "content match" when starting campaigns (the thing you refer to as APS) since I have did my research and did not like the "matching". My ads were appearing on some irrelevant pages.

*I was Google slapped so I pursued the alternatives (Google is becoming way to expensive anyway) and when I do the math now I realize that I have been giving around 80% of the money that Google ads brought me back to Google. Since I offer 12 weeks of personal e-mail counseling for my products (I am a vendor primarily) I just did not like the workload/payout balance.

*what I presume interests you the most - I have also been in pursuit for products that will be profitable through simple PPC.

Well, up to this point I have failed to find them after testing some 25 products. I am in the hole a couple of hundreds. It's not big I know but I too have failed at what you are trying to do.

It was maybe possible at one point in the past from what I hear and read , but with the growing prices of ppc and smaller conversion rates than a couple of years ago, I think it will be increasingly difficult to do that.

I am sorry I cannot be a bearer of better news.
    stacyz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BL!sS wrote:
    hi guys, I also need help

I need to know which product is worth promoting as a newbie, I use PPC, I will do SEO later since I need fast cash 'in a way'

I see Im not far away from making dollars online cause there people are clicking on my ads,

im not using google ads for now since its expensive for me, rather I use one of those APS's, I am able to get 500 clicks a day for $0.05 CPC

so please help me get a good converting product and thanks for the advice of being selective on which countries you advertise in, it makes sense,

I had 200 clicks of a 'tv on pc' clickbank product and had Not a single sale two days ago

this time I had 100 clicks on a 'home paid surveys' company from PDC and had no sales though they said it is very high converting, so maybe im doing something wrong Sad

this time im planning to promote another 'work from home' product please let me know if it is worth promoting or does anyone suggest a different product for me, thanks in advance

please you can pm me, which prodcut will definitely make me at least some sales from 100 clicks

The pc tv and survey work sites are so saturated. You are better off promoting a unique niche, like building a shed guide, a palm reader guide, or a hypnotherapist course with an affiliate link.
    Adrian Ling
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"thatlazyguy" gives good advice.

Another thing to note is the keyword you are targetting.

Are you targeting "generic" keywords or "buying keywords" ?

My definition of "buying keywords" is the keywords a searcher uses to locate specific product with the INTENTION of making a purchase.

For example, if someone searches for:

"Best golf clubs" - this person is probably in 'research mode' and checking out various clubs. He is prob. not in the 'buying mode yet'

But another search who searches for "Ping K15 Driver and Fairway Woods" is interested in that particular brand of club, and is probably in the 'buying mode'.

So if you target "buying keywords" - you've a higher chance of making the sale.

Best regards,
    Adrian
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: