ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Forced Opt-in pages on Clickbank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    KJT78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Forced Opt-in pages on Clickbank Reply with quote

Is it okay for me to use a forced opt-in page when selling through Clickbank so that visitors can't see the sales page unless they subscribe?

I'm also wondering how I go about setting it up so my sales page isn't viewable unless they go via my opt-in. For example, is there a way to ensure affiliate traffic goes to my opt-in, rather than my sales page? Or do affiliate links have to go directly to the sales page? If I do this, will their affilioate link still credit them with the sale?

I'm guessing some sort of php script is needed...Can someone point me in the right direction?
    MyGoogleJob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen many Cickbank products that do this so I would assume it's ok. I'm not sure how the majority of affiiates feel about this as they will be spending money to send traffic to your page. They may not want to promote it being that you'll be receiving free sign-ups at their expense.
    hometutor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an affiliate I'm okay with that as long as the ezine uses a clickbank link for ordering so I get paid

Anything that keeps me from being paid I'm basically against lol

Rick
    zarah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately I found out that a number of sites that I promote cheat as they send customers to an opt-in which gives a link that has no affiliate. So we lose out as affiliates.

So it is important for affiliates to check out by opting and avoid such cheating vendors. Better still to share a list here so other affiliates can avoid such vendors.
    KJT78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I set up my hoplink so that affiliate links go to an oipt in page and someone opts in, will the affiliate still get the sale? If not, how do I go about doing that?
    hometutor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as your newsletter has the clickbank order link yes

Rick
    Damian Pang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarah wrote:
    Lately I found out that a number of sites that I promote cheat as they send customers to an opt-in which gives a link that has no affiliate. So we lose out as affiliates.

So it is important for affiliates to check out by opting and avoid such cheating vendors. Better still to share a list here so other affiliates can avoid such vendors.

This is not entirely true. The prospect gets cookied and tracked by CB when they arrived on the site. If they return to purchase before the cookie / tracking period expires (via a normal order link), affiliates will still get the commission.

What you really have to be careful about the link within the newsletters is whether or not it contains a different affiliate ID other than yours, if that is the case then the vendor is cheating you out of your commissions.

Cheers
    Damian
    KJT78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for all the qustions, but I'm a bit paranoid affiliates won't get paid!

So if my hoplink goes to "www.mysite.com" where there is an opt in form, and that redirects them to a sales page at "www.mysite.com/whatever", the affiliate will still get his cut?

I'm just not sure if the hoplink has to go directly to the page that contains the order links.

Also, during the time they're cookied, will affiliates get the credit for a sale if someone goes to my sales page via an autoresponder email, assuming the customer first came via the affiliate?
    Damian Pang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJT78 wrote:
    So if my hoplink goes to "www.mysite.com" where there is an opt in form, and that redirects them to a sales page at "www.mysite.com/whatever", the affiliate will still get his cut?

KJT78 wrote:
    Also, during the time they're cookied, will affiliates get the credit for a sale if someone goes to my sales page via an autoresponder email, assuming the customer first came via the affiliate?

The answer to all your questions is "Yes"

Wink

Good luck
    Damian
    KJT78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help, guys!
    Chopato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I have also seen lot of products using that.
    fisalnk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would not be a problem. I have seen many such products.
    Exmachina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am unique but I refuse to promote anything that has a forced optin..

why should I build your list for you?

I am 100% sure you are honest but there are others out there who aren't it doesn't take much to stop me getting my affiliate income.
    swatfitness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: After Optin - Broadcasts to Subscribers with no Link Reply with quote

SO - if I send out an email with a hoplink to an OPTIN PAGE and they never get to the sales page,

THEN - because they opted in, the seller sends them an email with a "Hey - check out the sales page for X product" - and they click on it, there's no way to track that the person bought the product BECAUSE I SENT THEM TO THE OPTIN PAGE?

I am working with a vendor who did this. I sent them to his optin page for a free report. Then he started marketing directly to them, with no affiliate link, I don't think. Emails just have links directly to his sales page. He Says he has page tracking on all his optin and sales pages - so anyone who opts in and later purchases will definitely be credited to me, but I have to question this. Does that sound right?

I hate to be suspicious - but I'm a brand new affiliate and don't understand the process very well of how tracking occurs if they never get to the sales page using my hoplink?

Of course, in the future I won't be sending anyone to an optin page. Hindsight, you know...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig file violation
    See http://www.clickbanksuccessforum.com/rules-sigfiles.htm
    Adrian Ling
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron,

Clickbank's cookies last for 60 days - so if the subscriber buys anytime before the 60 days period, even if the vendor did not use your affiliate link, you will be credited with the sale.

Unless that subscriber had click on another affiliate link prior to making the purchase.

The *problem* is when the subscriber decides to purchase after 60 days, e.g. if the vendor did a mass mailout with a huge discount on day 100. If this happens, you won't be credited with the sale.

There are ways for the vendor to capture the affiliate's ID on the optin page as well, but it will require a little coding.

Adrian
    Hampers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes such a difference - I'm glad that is clear for me and the rest of us.
    veenafurtado

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: What about another person's cookies? Reply with quote

Adrian Ling wrote:
    Hi Ron,

Clickbank's cookies last for 60 days - so if the subscriber buys anytime before the 60 days period, even if the vendor did not use your affiliate link, you will be credited with the sale.

Unless that subscriber had click on another affiliate link prior to making the purchase.

The *problem* is when the subscriber decides to purchase after 60 days, e.g. if the vendor did a mass mailout with a huge discount on day 100. If this happens, you won't be credited with the sale.

There are ways for the vendor to capture the affiliate's ID on the optin page as well, but it will require a little coding.

Adrian

Hi Adrian.

Thank you for this advice.

But, what happens, if another affiliate offers the same product to the person, after the person has seen my offer?

Whose cookies remain?

Awaiting your kind response.

Regards.
    Veena Very Happy
    Damian Pang

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What about another person's cookies? Reply with quote

veenafurtado wrote:
    But, what happens, if another affiliate offers the same product to the person, after the person has seen my offer?

The very last hoplink that the buyer clicks on gets the credit, i.e. the affiliate link that the buyer clicks last.

Go to: http://www.clickbank.com/help/affiliate-help/
    Read everything there thoroughly.

Cheers
    Damian
    veenafurtado

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Damian.
    Regards Very Happy
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: