ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

My hosting is forcing me to lose money....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    howtoadwords

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: My hosting is forcing me to lose money.... Reply with quote

Just checking my site today I realized that it wasnt available..I login in my hosting account and I found the following message:

We are currently experiencing accessibility issues with one of our data centers and apologize for the inconvenience. In the interim, we are disabling access to control panel tools, to minimize the effects to your site.

I have many minisites with that hosting account working for me 24/7 but now I'm realizing that maybe are not working so good as Id like to do...
    should I change hosting?
    What can I do about that? all this time that the sites are not running Im leaving money on the table...

comments?
    toniya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a common trouble with shared hosting. You should go for VPS or dedicated server.

Good luck.
    Toniya
    View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for dedicated or VPS for simple static sites. The trick is to use reputable hosting right from day one by thoroughly doing your research. Avoid all dodgy small-time resellers. Shared hosting will do fine.

I've hosted half my sites with lunarpages and the other half with hostgator - I have 8 heavily used sites that have made 7 figures+ for me over the years. So having these sites up 24/7 is VERY, VERY important to me.

Have used both for the past 5 years with my site NEVER going down unexpectedly. They do scheduled maintenance several times a year and the site is down for about 10 minutes at times when traffic is the lowest. And this happens only once or twice and you are sent emails well in advance informing of it.

Even when lunarpages moved office and hosting to another building about 2 years ago, my site was down for only 40 minutes at a low traffic time. They also kept me informed (and all other account holders) of the downtime. This is what happens when you deal with really reputable companies.
    Beau ClickBank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazyguy,

So you're pretty happy with the performance of Hostgator? Have you used it with Wordpress blogs? I'm just curious because I have a bunch of blogs on shared hosting with a different company, and sometimes the sites take forever to load. I've been looking for another shared host with better performance that isn't super expensive.

For more CB help, check out our Blog and Help Center.
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shared hosting is excellent for Simple STATIC sites. These sites DO NOT run a SQL or MYSQL database in the background.

Although turnkey Content Management Systems like Wordpress and Joomla on the surface looks like Simple Static Sites, they ARE NOT.

When you install Wordpress, joomla etc, they automatically set up your mysql database. I know Wordpress installs about 10 tables within the database and joomla around 60 - depending on what features you use.

So you are effectively using a database with these sites and shared hosting can become slow if you get a lot of traffic.

Say if I had 1000 visitors a day and my site was a pure static site with NO database, just straight html files. My site will be much faster than a site built with wordpress getting the same traffic simply because wordpress site will be running the php engine and mysql database for EVERY page being loaded - that's how its structured.

I've had a phpBB forum installed at a shared hosting. The setup is similar to wordpress in terms of running php and a database. Once I reached 10,000 members, the forum became quite slow. Now its in a VPS and doing well.

Hope this helps. Forgive me if you already know about the difference between pure static sites and CMS sites that run a database. I thought I point this difference out otherwise it would have been hard for me to explain.
    howtoadwords

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help..so what i should do now? change to a more reliable hosting? then i ave to pay again...if they offer such a bad service I should not be charged to change hosting...no?

I'm going to launch soon an affiliate program..so I dont want my affiliates see they are driving traffic to non working site...so to be sure I think I will use a dedicated server...
    Damian Pang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all hosting companies will experience some sort of technical problems from time to time. This is unavoidable when dealing with any sort of hardware.

The questions you need to ask are:
    1) Is it always happening?
    2) Do you expect this to be a recurring problem?

If the answer is yes to both, then you should consider switching to another company.

If it is just a one time or rare occurrence thing, then you can consider staying with them. Remember it's quite a hassle with moving multiple sites to another hosting company.

Cheers
    Damian
    howtoadwords

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice
    kittrad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shared hosting has it's limits due to it's price. Basically, if you have tons of traffic coming in, shared hosting won't be a viable option for you.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: