ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Dormant account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Jskyblue737

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Dormant account Reply with quote

How long do you have to pay fees to Clickbank for an inactive account?
    Is there a way to cancel your account so you don't have to continue paying the fees?
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer and solution here

http://www.clickbankguide.com/getpaid.htm
    Jskyblue737

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Dormant Account Reply with quote

Your site doesn't tell me how to cancel the Clickbank account. Can you
    cancel it or do you have to keep paying the fees?
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your balance falls to zero you are not charged fees.

For any balance over $10 you can close your account and get paid.
    Jskyblue737

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Dormant account Reply with quote

I contacted Clickbank and they said hops don't prevent dormant fees only new sales do. By hops do they mean affiliate sales and new sales is referring to an original product you create?
    AliRaza08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: My Own Reply with quote

Is there a way to cancel your account so you don't have to continue paying the fees?
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Dormant account Reply with quote

Jskyblue737 wrote:
    I contacted Clickbank and they said hops don't prevent dormant fees only new sales do. By hops do they mean affiliate sales and new sales is referring to an original product you create?

A hop is a click on your affiliate link.
    A new sale means a sale of a product whether as an affiliate or a vendor.
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: My Own Reply with quote

AliRaza08 wrote:

Yes - as stated above you can close (cancel) your account and get paid the balance unless it is less than $10
    asokas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: The $3 Product Reply with quote

Hi,

So, if I understand this correctly, we can prevent closure of our dormant account by purchasing your $3 report through the affiliate link, entering the account nickname that we wish to protect. Is that correct?
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: The $3 Product Reply with quote

asokas wrote:
    we can prevent closure of our dormant account

Not quite.
    You are preventing your account going dormant which will incur charges

asokas wrote:
    by purchasing your $3 report through the affiliate link, entering the account nickname that we wish to protect.

Correct
    asokas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this.

Was there ever a discussion on this forum of the ethics of Clickbank playing this account charging/termination game? It only began some years ago, and was not always the case.

Given that they are supposed to be a payment processor, we paid for the account in the first place, they deduct profit from every transaction, and it cannot "cost" them anything in a meaningful sense for an account to be dormant... there is a valid discussion to be had. Then again, I guess the attitude is, it's our game and we can play it as we wish. And if you don't like it, you can get lost.

Some months ago, I suddenly discovered that I could not login to an account. Further investigation revealed that they had terminated the account without email notification or warning - nothing. At that time, I gave the support person my uncensored opinion of them, and I did not hold back!

Now I find another account - one I have had since 2000 - is doing the same thing, and so I can probably draw the same conclusion about it.
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asokas wrote:
    It only began some years ago

The dormancy rule has been there for as long as I recall.

asokas wrote:

they had terminated the account

Were you given a reason for the closure of your account ?
    asokas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it wasn't there at the beginning i.e. way back.

The account from some months ago was for a negative balance. Ironically, this happened because I set the wire transfer as low as possible to minimize the amount of money Clickbank could pinch. Then, someone bought a product, and later refunded after the wire had occurred, sending the account negative. From then, it only went more negative, due to their charges... until one day I could not login. When I asked support, I heard about the negative balance. No email warning, nothing.

Ironically, the latter only occurred BECAUSE of their draconian policy. In the distant past, there was no need to do what I did, i.e. I never used to set the wire transfer at the minimum possible level.

The most recent account that I tried to login to only to discover that it no longer exists was set up in 2000, i.e. 16 years ago. Way back in those days, I had a product that was No.1 in its category. You can imagine how I feel about losing that account. If I inquire about it, I will doubtless be told the same thing as for the other one.

When I sent back my reply to the support person, I made sure I used words like "thieves" and "stealing" since that is basically what it is. But then, to close the account altogether, directly as a result of me trying to minimize the level of "cash extraction" taking place... what a nerve!

We paid money for those accounts, we pay commissions to them for every sale we make, and now they have the right to simply TAKE our hard-earned cash, as they see fit for the simple excuse that the account is defined as "dormant" (which costs them literally NOTHING)?

It's beyond belief that it is even legal, quite apart from the ethics of it. I don't see other payment providers doing this, and you don't even have to pay to set up some of those accounts.

Let's hope that the new CEO reverses this shameful policy. (In fact, I left a message to that effect on their Facebook page, under the post about the new CEO). The power of social media!

Anyway, I bought your $3 product to save two other accounts I have. So, thank you for that solution. But the very fact that one can do this demonstrates how inane, useless and misguided this stupid policy of theirs is, when it can so easily be negated!
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: