ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

I know it's an unfair question! Views appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Bobby

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: I know it's an unfair question! Views appreciated. Reply with quote

Hi all

I realise that this is probably a really unfair question, but I'm going to ask it anyway!

I'm new to clickbank and to google adwords, but have just recently started a campaign which is taking about 60 hits a day to my website.

So up to now (4days into campaign, no sales). I know there are so many variables that can come into play, but my general question is: -

In those who are more experienced's opinion, should you expect to start to see some sales quickly if the product and copy are both good, or even then, would you still expect a delay before converting hits to customers?

Any views appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bobby
    shaunallen

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: It took me about 1 week to make a sale. Reply with quote

I thought I would be getting more sales than I could handle when I first got set up. I changed my sales letter around a little, and the sales started to come in. I have only been in operation about 3 weeks. So far I have averaged 1-2 sales/day. This is with limited work on my part. However, the last 3 days I haven't made one stinkin' sale. I don't what the problem is. I don't know if it is clickbank or google adwords. Nonetheless, I am sure I will be back on track quite soon. Best of luck to you.
    hughman

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Sales are hard Reply with quote

Bobby,

As an experienced clickbanker I would just have to say making sales are a lot harder than most people think. It's all a numbers game and 60 customers is not a lot by sales numbers. It takes hundreds, even thousand of visitors to get sales going at a good pace. Average sales rates are 1% to 2% .. that would mean the average direct marketer should expect 1, maybe 2 sales for each 100 visitors. It can be higher if the traffic is targeted, could be less if you are advertising in an area that has nothing to do with your product and just getting curiosity hits. Google ad words in my opinion are to hyped for what they produce. Everyone makes it seen like you will make tons and tons of sales with google ad words .. while in reality, from affiliates who I speak to and my own experience you are lucky to just make a slight profit if any. I have spoken to very very experienced marketers who say google ad words just don't bring the traffic like most people think. Why? Because they are so hyped up everyone is doing them and paying ridiculous click rates .. they are becoming like banners .. there are so many everywhere you look people just stop noticing them.
    wayne

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having a lot of success with Adwords. I've found a product
    on Clickbank that I do very well with. But I haven't been able to find
    another product that does as well from Clickbank for me. There are
    some products there that convert very well, but many of them do not.
    The problem is finding the one that you can make a profit with. You
    need to keep testing different products until you find that one that
    works.
    Also, the Clickbank and Adwords combo has been so widely promoted
    in so many places, that many products will have too much competition.
    I've seen some keywords on Adwords where six or seven of the ads
    on the same page are for the same product. That makes it much more
    difficult.
    Also, if I was only getting 60 hits a day to my website, I would have a
    lot of days with no sales. You need a lot more traffic. Lately, I've been
    getting about a 3% conversion rate, but I might go 75 hits with no sales
    and then all at once see three sales in the next 25 hits.
    Bobby

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Good information - thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for your thoughts (Shaun Hugh and Wayne). Just to follow up on some of your thoughts and advice. I'm paying about 25p uk about 40cents per click, so if it takes me 100 clicks to get one sale my product has to bring me 25 to break even! This is way off the mark. I guess I need to review my plans in light of your advice too. I didn't think that response rate would be as low as 1 to 2%. I noticed some bids through overture that are over 1 and 2 dollars per click, they must have high cost items I guess.

Shaun, I had a look at your web site, looks good (if I wasn't married I might be tempted!)

What do people think about pricing and perceived value? The thought goes that sometimes if you price too low, people will not perceive value and will buy something more costly. I used to operate this approach when I did professional photography, but not sure how it might transfer across to the internet, just a thought!...

Thanks again
    Bobby
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: