ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Question for Clickbank staff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    clickbankmerchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Question for Clickbank staff Reply with quote

Hello,
    I have been a successful clickbank merchant for a few years with several best selling ebooks. I would like to know what does a person do when he receives this kind of email from a person that I never heard from before.
    This person has never purchased anything from me before and I would be happy if it stays that way. I would just like to know if it is ok with you if I reply to this person that I do not want to do any business with him? I understand that by clickbank agreement clickbank is in fact selling my products, however I would like to know what are my rights in this situations. Am I obligated to answer emails from people that did not purchase anything from me/you and who are contacting me in a rude and threateaning manner? I would like to receive some input from you here.
    Below is the email that I have received from this person:

"What is your return policy if I find you material is not useful? I have contacted "clickbank" and they told me that you have a 90 day refund policy. What is your return policy? At their request, Clikbank that is, I am making this request as they asked me to do and mentioned that you would reply!!!!!!!!! If I do NOT receive a reply, within 48 hours, I will notify Clickbank, as they suggested. Your operation is either above board or not. Your choice!!!!!!!!! Thank you, jt"
    Steve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Merchant,

The more business you do, the more likely you are to run into challenging customers. Personally, I believe it is always best to respond politely, professionally, and without emotion. While I agree with you that this email is really irritating, I think you could answer him with just the facts (tell him what your policy is) and then let it go. You are under no obligation to respond (since no purchase has been made), however a brief, professional response wouldn't hurt.

There is really no way to prevent a specific customer from making a purchase. If we were entertain a request from you to "block" him, say by blacklisting his email address, we would effectively keep the customer from ever making ANY purchases at ClickBank. You may be the only vendor who prefers not to do business with him, but hundreds of others might be happy to take his money. If, however, you want to report an actual fraudulent transaction, that is a different matter. We can block for actual fraud with the proper documentation.

Incidentally, I don't know what your site looks like, however I must assume that for some reason this customer could not easily find the return policy he was looking for, hence his inquiry. You might want take critical look at your site layout and decide if there are changes you could make that would reduce the number of email inquiries you receive.

I hope this helps.
    clickbankmerchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Thank you for your response. I took your advice and returned a friendly email. The problem that I had with that person's email was not the fact that he was asking what was my return policy but the fact that he was very rude about it. Anyways it is comforting to see that you support your merchants in these kind of situations.

Thanks.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: