ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Marketing - Promotion Help !! Harvey please don't delete!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    rwbenjamin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Marketing - Promotion Help !! Harvey please don't delete! Reply with quote

I have started promoting: http://www.paidforfree.com
    A little over a week ago. The following can pertain to
    any ClickBank product, that needs promotion or marketing
    ideas !

I don't use Google PPC as many
    of you know because I don't have a credit card, and/or
    the current funds for such a campaign, since I live on
    my regular fulltime job and with child support. have a
    net income of roughly $900 per month. Which needless to
    say makes life very hard just to pay the rent and utilities.
    Which is why I am always trying to find a way to make
    some extra income on the net.

The way I have started to market this product is I have
    placed a blue box containing text message and link to the
    program on all of my software pages, ie, over 30 websites
    on the net, that are in googles top 10 search positions, thus
    they get a lot of combined traffic.
    And when you load in my main site, you can see a scrolling
    message about this product, so I am giving it high
    visibility.
    http://www.rb59.com/software

Now, what I am mainly asking is: I have been marketing this
    program for just over a week, and have had 0 sales or
    commissions. Is this normal ? I seem to average this no matter
    what product I promote !
    I need help !! I ask here in this forum, because this could
    be any product, that ClickBank offers in the marketplace.
    What should I be doing more to promote this product ?
    I can not spend money on it, so any ideas must be free.
    Seedstream

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that right now, targetting is your main issue. I'm assuming a large majority of the visitors that come to your site from search engines are looking for some type of software. Since the website that you are promoting is not software-related, it may not appeal to many of your visitors. That's why a lot of people who are successful in marketing build sites with content centered around whatver they are promoting. Or they promote sites that are related to the content of their site.

So I would say, since your site deals with software, it might be best to promote software-related sites from Clickbank.
    astracker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that the software tools you are selling have little to do with the ClickBank product you're promoting is probably why you're not selling any ClickBank products. You need to promot products that are related to what your visitors are looking for.

For example, on your Fishing software page, perhaps you could promote one or more of these:

http://hop.clickbank.net/?YOURCLICKBANKNAME.troutfish
    http://hop.clickbank.net/?YOURCLICKBANKNAME.flyfish
    http://hop.clickbank.net/?YOURCLICKBANKNAME.extreme99
    http://hop.clickbank.net/?YOURCLICKBANKNAME.ksbassman

I don't know anything about the above products, but I'm just trying to give you ideas.

You can do keyword searches for ClickBank products that relate to your other software at:

http://www.affiliatesensor.com/search.php
    rwbenjamin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: I should of known ! Thanks folks Reply with quote

Yes that makes perfect sense ! On my fishing software page, I should promote products related to fishing, On my Metal Detecting page, products related to metal detecting or treasure hunting, etc.

Jeepers ! Maybe in time I will learn this marketing stuff.

I think I will apply for google adsense, and see if I get accepted, it might be a way to start making a few dollars a month. If I can place adsense ads on each page, that are related to the pages product.

I will also start promoting clickbank products on each page that are related to that pages product or title.

This has given me new inspiration, and a new goal of making more money on the net in 2005 !!!

Thanks for the great comments, feedback etc and thanks Harvey for not deleting this before I got the great feedback

Last edited by rwbenjamin on Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Seedstream

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question, but if you are selling your own software, then why promote Clickbank products? Your main goal is to sell your software. Sometimes if you promote another product, your visitors may "stray".
    rwbenjamin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: SeedStream Reply with quote

Because I have had that software site and business on the net for over 4 years now. http://www.rb59.com/software

I have over 30 titles, each in googles top 10 search positions, with related search terms per software.

And I average 10 sales TOTAL per month, sometimes less some months more. I make about $150 a month average, after 4 years and over 30 titles. I would think I should or can make a lot more ?

That is why I am trying selling other cb products etc
    astracker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definatly apply for an AdSense account. I ran some of your pages through the AdSense Sandbox tool at:

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/adsense-sandbox/

And all kinds of relevent ads came up (specifically for the coin collecting, lincoln pennies, comic book collecting, doll collecting, and fishing lure collecting pages). If you get good traffic and do your AdSense layout right you should make some decent money from AdSense.
    astracker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw rwbenjamin, I sent you a private message. Please respond when you read this. Cool
    Seedstream

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwbenjamin wrote:
    Because I have had that software site and business on the net for over 4 years now. http://www.rb59.com/software

I have over 30 titles, each in googles top 10 search positions, with related search terms per software.

And I average 10 sales TOTAL per month, sometimes less some months more. I make about $150 a month average, after 4 years and over 30 titles. I would think I should or can make a lot more ?

That is why I am trying selling other cb products etc

Then I would say that you might want to improve your site, like the design or your persuasion. I think you're getting away from your ultimate goal, which is to sell your software. I think putting Adsense code on your pages is a bad idea. Adsense does well on content pages, but it can take away sales from a business site. And Adsense tends to undermine your business's credibility, when you are showing ads from possible competitors. It seems to me like you are getting away from selling your software, and you're now trying to divert your visitors from your products to other products. That's kind of backwards if you ask me. IMHO, it would be best to work on enhancing your current site.
    rwbenjamin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: AdSense ads seem great so far !! Reply with quote

I got approved ! and in 3 days I have made $12.75 already, by placing adsense ads on 30+ pages or websites ! And I made one regular software sale during this period.

For me, AdSense may be the way to go !!
    mikazir

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Great Promotion Methods Reply with quote

My promotional methods which have worked includes having JV partners promote my product, writing and submitting articles, posting at forums, and through my newsletter. One thing's for sure - having your own list is vital. Put an opt-in form on your website and start collecting email addresses to establish good relationships.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: