ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Optimizing with keywords
    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    mpossoff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Optimizing with keywords Reply with quote

Hi I found a micro niche that the keyword gets decent traffic, competition looks like I can compete. I already purchased keyword rich domain for this micro niche.

However my question is can you become successful with a micro niche site that optimizes for only one keyword/phrase?

My theme keyword is my domain name. However I'm not sure if I need category keywords.

Regards,

Marc
    scottsplace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to try this out yet, but I saw a technique used in a webinar that could help you out, and it makes sense why it would.
    He used Google's Wonder Wheel and used his base keyword(s) and allowed the Wonder Wheel to display what G. thinks is related to your keyword. The WW results are what he used as categories on his site.
    By letting google tell you what it thinks would relate to your keyword and putting those related terms as categories, you're effectively showing google exactly what it expects to see when it visits your site for that keyword.

I think the marketer that showed that technique was Desmond Ong, but I'm not positive about that, I've seen lots of webinars.
    smithseo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good, if you want to target a single keyword for your whole web domain or for your business then nothing is wrong in this just you need to highlight such keyword on every pages of your website

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig file violation
    See http://www.clickbanksuccessforum.com/rules-sigfiles.htm
    camdixon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Keyword Reply with quote

For the experienced (people who have made sales)
    how many keywords do you usually START trying to target when your site goes online?
    scottsplace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a thought, get your site online first, so you might make sales. Then you have info to test against to improve conversions.
    laurarussell49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Hi Everyone! Reply with quote

smithseo wrote:
    That's good, if you want to target a single keyword for your whole web domain or for your business then nothing is wrong in this just you need to highlight such keyword on every pages of your website

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig file violation
    See http://www.clickbanksuccessforum.com/rules-sigfiles.htm

Hi,
    I agree on this, you can optimize your site by blogging, commenting and article submission.
    taniasharma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am agree smithseo. you will make more to more quality backlinks using your single keyword.
    robertwells

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compete with a Top keyword searches is a difficult task, because the keyword has more competitors than competing for it and so you could choose a school using the keyword suggestion tool keywords from Google.
    glennforum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are definitely sure that your keyword would bring in more traffic then I dont see anything wrong with targeting only one keyword since you could focus all your efforts in that keyword.
    princezz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good
    Ocean Feather

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you believe that the only keyword can bring you a lot of traffic to your website then its okay but I'll suggest you to target those keywords which are less competitive and have more search monthly.
    Giov

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are sure that just one optimized Keyword would be enough, do it.
    But on the other hand don't forget linkbuilding, even if you can don't have competitive "opponents"
    ispanico82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: keyworkds Reply with quote

I agree with those who said that you should also use more keywords, less compeptitive that can still generate good traffic.
    sanusense

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be much easier when you go with 1 or 2 keywords, less seo brain usage and big results if you hit the soft spot.
    GJG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have a couple of primary keywords but then include as many long tail keywords as you can.
    abhayhendre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally will not recommend using microsites. That's because Google gives importance to websites which have a lot of good quality content about a specific niche.
    Microsite on the other hand, doesnt have that much content since we usually target a few keywords on it.
    Why dont you target a niche or a sub-niche for your website, instead of targeting a few keywords?
    insightson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some insights on keywords in the context of Google AdWords but has relevance beyond that with Google as well...

I've spoken to a # of certified Google experts who have mentioned often times they get better results with using less keywords even about 4-6 and having them tightly themed.

You may be able to attract more traffic with more keywords but if it's not relevant traffic it may not get you the best results possible...Check out the link and hope this helps. Thanks.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453981?hl=en
    angelicchampion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to build backlinks from only 1 keyword it will be easy for you to rank for that particular keyword build quality backlinks with quality submissions.
    LynneVaughn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don not do keyword cannibalization. Do keyword research for your each category page. That is the most optimal way.
    sijugk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Optimizing with keywords Reply with quote

mpossoff wrote:
    Hi I found a micro niche that the keyword gets decent traffic, competition looks like I can compete. I already purchased keyword rich domain for this micro niche.
    However my question is can you become successful with a micro niche site that optimizes for only one keyword/phrase?

My theme keyword is my domain name. However I'm not sure if I need category keywords.

Regards,

Marc

After Panda update, content matters more than before to rank high in Google Search results. It is OK to have a micro site which targets one keyword but you must build an attractive high quality content preferably more than 500 word count with less than 3% keyword density. Check it for example.
    http://www.corenetworkz.com/2011/01/how-to-promote-real-estate-websites-in.html

Stats vary (keyword density and word count) depends on the niche and competition. Exact Match Domain advantage is reduced a lot but still works.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: