ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Which is Better PDFs or eBOOKs?
    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    MrGrey1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Which is Better PDFs or eBOOKs? Reply with quote

I'm New to ClickBank..

I'm now creating some new infromation products and I'm not 100% sure which will be a better or more secure product to purchase and download. Is PDF format better than eBook? Are ebooks with EXE good or safe to download? Is EXE extension delivered and sold in ZIP format?

Which is a better or more used practice here?

Thank You.
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Which is Better PDFs or eBOOKs? Reply with quote

Q: I'm now creating some new infromation products and I'm not 100% sure which will be a better or more secure product to purchase and download.

A: Both have their advantages and disadvantages. You can properly secure your download page...BUT once the PDF is in the customer's computer...he/she can upload it in file sharing sites or email it to others...or worse...sell it on ebay or via a site for $5 bucks...and there's little you can do without going through a whole lot of trouble.

However, you can password protect PDF and it will only open if the user knows the password. Most sites DO NOT use this option as you'll get a bunch of emails daily requesting PW from your customers who forget what it is after purchasing.

EXE files on the hand can be programmed to only work on one computer. That maker sharing it useless. So it is the more secure option...but EXE is a PC specific thing and will not work on MAC platform so you'll lose Apple users.

Q: Is PDF format better than eBook?

A: Better as in to use from a customers perspective? If so, I'd say a well composed PDF and a well composed EXE ebook will be just as effective as each other. People are more used to PDF standards when reading ebooks but EXE ebooks comes in all sorts of variations...so you have to work harder to ensure your exe ebook is user friendly.

Q: Are ebooks with EXE good or safe to download?

A: As answered above.

Q: Is EXE extension delivered and sold in ZIP format?

A: I've never done it but you can Google for an answer. I'm sure you can virtually Zip anything. Again, I believe ZIP is a PC specific thing so MAC users will have to take a hike as they won't be able to open it.

Q: Which is a better or more used practice here?

A: PDF is the most used format, I'd say mainly due to its cross platform compatability.
    scottsplace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatlazyguy gave excellent information concerning pdf's vs ebooks. I can add a few more thoughts that could make a difference as well.

Many people refer to PDF's as ebooks, even though not all ebooks are PDF's.

PDF's can be locked in several different ways to prevent printing and/or copy&pasting of the information - depending on the PDF creation software.

A PDF that isn't zipped can be viewed on many common browsers without the reader needing to download it to their computer.

A PDF can contain clickable links (referal links maybe), I don't know if .exe type ebooks allow clickable links, some may. If your information products include links to things that get you paid, you'd want to make sure before devoting time to an .exe type where links wouldn't be active.

The problem with turning PDF's into .exe files is that many anti-virus and system security settings will prevent .exe files from being downloaded without warnings that some customers may not understand as being normal safeguards.

This is purely my opinion, but if you start with a PDF format you'd have one product to sell to many people and could convert the PDF to other formats for additional revenue streams later. I've seen software that you can drop a PDF into and end up with a 3-D flipbook with pages that actually turn, or slideshow/movie format in a few minutes. I haven't tested link clickability in the results from those conversions yet though.

hope this info helped add to thatlazyguy's very informative post
    MrGrey1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: One more question please.. Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick answers! Now you've got me even more confused...LOL

I know EXE is a hazzard and could be blocked by Antiviruses as well.

I don't mind making my "Squeeze or Promo Page in PDF with the product main sale link on it.

So, If I am correct, the most popular fomat to sell your product electronically would be in form of eBOOk with *.EMB or SVE or whatever eBOOK extension makes? Should printing be disabeled to prevent copying? How do you secure these products it from stealing?

Sorry, that's more than one question..
    Thanks guys...
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again MrGrey1,

I'll try and make your decision-making a lot easy (I hope)...

Take this advice from someone who has sold millions of $$ my own of ebooks over past 5 years and also tons as an affiliate and also helped dozens others sell million of $$ of ebooks.

I suggest you start with PDF format. Do NOT secure the ebook in any way...so NO password protection or stopping people from printing it. BUT secure your download page.

WHY?

With every security measure you take with your ebook, you tradeoff customer usability and satisfaction. Some people still like to print ebooks (yes, you'll be surprised) and no one wants to remember another password for some $39.00 ebook (its NOT a bank account login for Pete's sake).

You may have high regards for your ebook and it's security (and rightfully so), but your customers just want to buy it, download it and read it with MINIMUM of hassles. They don't want the hassles of dealing with and installing exe files, etc.

If you start to worry about security issues at a paranoia level, you'll never make money with ebooks. As an affiliate I never promote ebooks unless they are straight out PDFs as I don't want the hassles of customers emailing me for support. And, annoyed customers are quick to ask for a refund too.

I you are still unsure about PDF's then set up a member page and put all your ebook pages there as normal web page. That's the better option. Almost all top sellers are PDFs or login sites. EXE or similar formats make up very small percentage of the market.

Focus on marketing, adding value and customer satisfaction. That's where the money is. Adding too many security features messes with making money.

You will make MUCH MORE money by making your ebook user-friendly and allowing people to share it when compared to making it hard/impossible to share but hindering usability. All my ebooks are unprotected PDFs and they all ended up in filestube and other sharing network.

But my paying customers don't look there, my bank account is proof of that. So I don't care. Dodgy customers start out all ebook "purchases" by browsing file sharing sites. These guys don't purchase through the right channels regardless. So don't worry about them. Focus on the legitimate customers, make/keep them happy and you'll become happy (and rich).

I have had three instances of people email me gloating how they got my ebook free from some forum or file-sharing site. I emailed them a snap shot of my bank account and a pic of me with my Bentley. None ever replied.
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGrey1

Here is my advice . . .

Listen to thatlazyguy

Harvey
    MrGrey1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Good points.. Reply with quote

Thanks again! Yes I'm all ears! Very good points...

You are right, why worry about the protection... If you have a successful programs. It'll probaly make up for the ones someone takes.

Good content should be my main concern. If it 's good it will sell on its own... I hope.

Ok, thank you for now, I'm just about done, so on with the final converting work now...
    carroll548

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDFs are another output format, intended for print media.
    Your Activ ebook needs the text in Html files; this is easy enough to do; just Google for 'free html editors' or something like that. Add a 'compare' to see their ratings.... There are a lot of free tools out there. Of course, if you have DreamWeaver, or some such, use it.

You should be able to import your source files, or cut and paste it in as needed.

Make sure you save your initial start page as index.htm.
    liana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are the widely used formats , but I personally would like to go for pdfs, as these are easier for me to handle .
    MrGrey1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: PDF it is! Reply with quote

Yes I've completed the program in PDF, it was the easy part. Now, do I keep it as a downloable link on Pitch Page on my PC? or link it first to CB?

I'm a bit confused here..
    They (the customers), buy it from me on Pitch Page? ...and where do the Affiliates get it from?

Thanks MrGrey1
    scottsplace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGrey, the affiliates don't actually get your product, they're supposed to send visitors to your sales page, where hopefully the visitor will buy your product.
    MrGrey1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: I'll get soon I think... Reply with quote

Aaaah! That makes sense...

Thank you. MrGrey1
    clydeshaw09

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I like the exchange of ideas here. As I am reading the first part of your posts I like to add something but Mr. thatlazyguy give my idea on his second post. Just as Harvey Segal said "LISTEN to Mr. thatlazyguy". He gives a very detailed information about your concerns. Also listen to Mr. scottsplace he has some ideas too.

PDF is good either you have PC or MAC. And most people are using PDF than exe eBooks. Exe eBooks are more prone to viruses and malware too.
    ric_worthy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: pdf vs ebook Reply with quote

I don't see any impediment to providing your product in both formats.

On your fulfillment page simply have links to each of the different formats.

Consider it a value add and customer service.

Those that appreciate that sort of thing will be looking for other stuff you offer because they like to get it that way.

Seems like a win - win to me and its not a whole lot more work.
    CBPicture

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDF are way better than ebook because of the flexibility of bookmarking and you can also protect the way the user use it.
    MrGrey1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: PDF Protection? Reply with quote

"... and you can also protect the way the user use it."

Can you elaborate on the PDF protection? Not sure how any protection beside a copyright notice can be applied to PDF file.

Thanks, MrGrey1.
    scottsplace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGrey1,

Depending on the program used to create the PDF, there are options allowing you to prevent it from being edited or not, printed or not, copy/paste the content or not and some or all of those can also require passwords in order to grant access to the function.

It does depend on the program used when creating the PDF, but generally there would be an "advanced settings" type of function when saving or exporting to PDF.

There's probably a few other ways to control PDF's after they leave your hands too, but those are the common ones.

hope that helps
    nebechukwu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm pretty sure most ebooks now of these days come in pdf format. However, I'd suggest you create a pdf, it'll be easier for people to download and you'll also be able to password restrict the content for only buyers. You can send them the login details to the pdf document after they purchase that way you'll ensure that the document isn't being distributed for free!
    Donna111

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebechukwu wrote:
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure most ebooks now of these days come in pdf format. However, I'd suggest you create a pdf, it'll be easier for people to download and you'll also be able to password restrict the content for only buyers. You can send them the login details to the pdf document after they purchase that way you'll ensure that the document isn't being distributed for free!

HI there
    I agree with it.It is easier for people to process the pdf formats.For me ,i have never tried to use the ebook.I think it is difficult for me.I usually use the pdf formats.It is more convenient.
    bryanblake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A PDF is a format for delivering content just as an exe file is. PDF offers some security advantages so that people are unable to access the content, copy the content, or use the content without your permission by requiring a password to do more then read the file. The downside of providing digital products is the reality that people can easily share your products on sharing sites. An exe program does give you the ability to limit how easy it is for people to share what you have created, but it will require the significant amount of technical knowledge in order to develop the most secure program possible.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: