ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Create a product and sit back or market aggressively?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    WSPcpa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Create a product and sit back or market aggressively? Reply with quote

I'm new to this but I'm in the process of creating an e-book that will include hours of how-to videos on a niche area that doesn't seem to have been tapped. I've done quiet a bit of research and I think it's a strong product for a strong market.

Do I really need to go through the trouble of creating my own blog and updating it frequently with new information, getting linkwheels, an email list, endless hours of SEO stuff, just to sell the e-book?

Could I just create the sales page and the thank you page and be done with it?

Honest advice please. I am an expert in this field and consider myself a decent writer. My intention is for there to be about 10+ hours of video both live and via extranormal.
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Create a product and sit back or market aggressively? Reply with quote

WSPcpa wrote:

I've done just that PLUS with a very good affiliate's tools area and have already made 7+ figures over past 5 years.

...BUT, I'm an exceptional copywriter (some say I’m very good). Your product can be the best on earth but...online, people cannot 'test' your ebook. So your sales copy has to be VERY, VERY good (convincing) and you must also have an excellent marketing strategy (Unique selling angle, intimate knowledge of your target customers needs, their buying behavior, etc...).

I would suggest you create your sales page first before creating your product. You absolutely have to nail down all your selling points and ensure your copy has insane punching power before you proceed with anything else.

Otherwise you'll experience the hash reality and brutality of online failure regardless of how good you think your product is (everyone thinks their product is the best, but only a very small percentage actually sell well).

This is an honest answer from an experienced marketer. Please take no offence. I have been in your position and failed many times before 'making it'. But no one told me the truth back then...but instead tried selling me more cr*ppy products. Hence I try and stop others from wasting their time.
    WSPcpa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input!
    WSPcpa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you recommend that I first create sales page and see how it goes, get some feedback and maybe some interested affiliates, and move from there?

In the sales page that I ultimately want to have, I want to offer a few videos that are included in the e-book, so they can see the quality of the information and realize that it's going to be valuable to them.

Is it also a good idea to offer the first chapter or two for free?

Should I make them opt-in to an email list or just give it away?

I'm not sure if I plan on running a blog, so IDK how great the email list will be. I could write a few emails for an auto-responder I guess. I really want to drive the sales of the e-book package, so if no opt-in and just free material is better, I'd rather go that route.

Any suggestions for free sales-page hosts just for the test-period? After I launch I'll obviously go to a paid host. I usually use wordpress, but you get limited use with free services. I guess I could pay for hosting, unless there are better options.
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WSPcpa wrote:
    So you recommend that I first create sales page and see how it goes, get some feedback and maybe some interested affiliates, and move from there?

The main reason for creating a sales page first is to establish your selling angle. While creating a strong page copy, you'll be forced to research your competitors, buyers and niche much more thoroughly. You'll also know where you stand in that niche (positioning). After this research, you almost always have to change aspects of your product to make it more attractive/sellable.

If you create your product first, you subconsciously 'marry' your product and that ends up dictating your sales page. WRONG MOVE. This is the most common reason for failed sites (in my experience). Your product does NOT sell itself in the online environment. Your sales page does that. So your sales page dictates what your product should be like, not the other way around.

Yes, you can also get feedback from affiliates and potential JV partners - I usually don't as I've developed pretty good judgment in this area.

I'll answer your other questions in 10 hours as I'm going fishing right now.
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Create a product and sit back or market aggressively? Reply with quote

thatlazyguy wrote:

I would suggest you create your sales page first

Absolutely agree.

In fact I'd go a bit further.
    Here is a tip from my free book 101 SuperTips
    http://www.supertips.com/101/

in the section Ebook Publishing

----------------------------------------------------
    Tip 43: Where to start ? At the end !

How about changing the order ?

1. Before even starting the book plan your promotional
    campaign.

And write the ad first !

That's right, before you write one single word of the
    book produce a 2-line classified ad and think how and
    where you will promote it.

The reason ?

This will force you to focus and decide on the main
    purpose (or USP) of your book and your target market.

2. Next produce a 20-line ad (similar to the sponsored
    ad you see in an ezine). Here you will outline the key
    points/features/benefits of your book.

3. You then use these points, adding more detail, to
    produce your sales copy.

4. Now that you have the sales copy, which is like a
    specification for your book, you go ahead and produce
    the book according to that spec.

You can take this forward thinking idea even further:
    before starting the first book consider possible
    sequels. Then you can entice customers with say your
    plans for subsequent books at a reduced price if they
    order the first one.

----------------------------------------------------

Harvey
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you get hold of Harvey's ebook and also get Yanik Silver's 33 days to online profits.

There's no point answering your questions as it will leed to many more questions. Those two books above should be your starting point as a vendor and will point you in the right direction. I've personally used Yanik's book to get started and I most likely would not be here without it.

As far as free hosting goes, don't bother even for testing purposes. You don't wanna be sending people (affiliates, JV partners, etc) to look at your site during the testing period at a free site. $6.95 will get you reliable hosting via hostgator. Where else can you start a business for $6.95.

I spent thousands testing and educating myself using money I earned from a regular 8-5 work...before I even made a cent online.
    resellcells

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have time, market it. The more marketing surely the more sales. Hard to get noticed by just sitting back. As is the case in any business, right?
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resellcells wrote:
    If you have time, market it. The more marketing surely the more sales. Hard to get noticed by just sitting back. As is the case in any business, right?

I'm sorry but you've misinterpreted the real meaning of marketing. Creating a high converting sales page and killer affiliate tools is in fact MARKETING. Doing stuff in front of your customers such as advertising or getting JV deals setup is called PROMOTION. I let my affiliates do the promotion part for me. But its all part of my overall marketing plan.

In the offline world and online world, NOT knowing that MARKETING starts right from the minute you think of a product/service idea IS the main reason for so many failures. Marketing should be the MAIN ingredient right from the start...product creation, sales copy, affiliate tools, promotion tools, ads...literally everything to do with the product/business.

I've helped many offline businesses as well and this is the only way to really kill your competitors. Once this concept sinks in, you'll have far fewer failures.

Also, 'getting noticed' is no guarantee for sales. There should be a compelling reason WHY your customers should notice your business. Then they will almost automatically start noticing and buying.
    resellcells

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marketing is:

the total of activities involved in the transfer of goods from the producer or seller to the consumer or buyer, including advertising, shipping, storing, and selling

According to the dictionary. I see advertising there.

As for promoting not creating sales... well, not promoting certainly won't cause sales unless somehow you get instantly ranked for all your keywords. It's a process, as I'm sure you know.

Sure having a sales page is very important, but if no one ever sees it... then it's really not.
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resellcells wrote:

“Marketing is:
    the total of activities involved in the transfer of goods from the producer or seller to the consumer or buyer, including advertising, shipping, storing, and selling.”

Keep your academia in the classroom where it belongs. I've got an MBA and I never use wording such this these to describe marketing. The textbook is FAR REMOVED from the REAL word.

resellcells wrote:

“Marketing is:
    According to the dictionary. I see advertising there.”

Marketing > Promotion > Advertising

resellcells wrote:

As for promoting not creating sales...well, not promoting certainly won't cause sales unless somehow you get instantly ranked for all your keywords. It's a process, as I'm sure you know.

Getting instantly ranked for your keywords is just ONE way to get traffic. My main site appears on page 5 of Google for my main key words but I've made millions from it - go figure.

resellcells wrote:

Sure having a sales page is very important, but if no one ever sees it... then it's really not.

Tell this to my friend's friend who sold trademe.co.nz for $750 million in New Zealand. He did zero advertising or promotion for it. But he spent thousands of hours marketing it. His marketing angle was to make an auction site much, much more user friendly than ebay.

He succeeded. I was one of the first few members. Only 5 of his friends knew of the site and it was not even indexed in Google. But the site grew to 100 members within 2 weeks. How? People talk about good products, especially online where its easy to blog or post at forums. Within one year he had over 20,000 members. That site now has 2.5 million members. Still zero advertising/promotion.

By the way, how did you find this forum (clickbanksuccessforum.com)? Did you read about it in a newspaper ad or see an Adword ad for it? I doubt it. I don’t thing this forum is promoted heavily, or at all - but you still found it. Why? Because its marketed well. It has several marketing elements going for it.

Online, good products sell themselves. If your site is good...before you know it other sites will link to it. Then those back links will force google to like it as well. Momentum will build up and the site will propel its own traffic. If you use affiliates, they will do the promotion for you - leverage at its best.

Listing your site at clickbank's marketplace is all the exposure a high converting site needs. This is what I've done with all my sites (and helped many others do the same).

If your site is simply not gaining enough traffic naturally...you'll find yourself personally having to promote your site a lot. Which means that your marketing angle is flawed hence why others are not talking about your site or linking to it (and why google doesnt want to know it either). Which then means that you did not focus on marketing right from the start of product/site creation. And if you find yourself in this situation, it simply means you don't know what marketing really is.
    kittrad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    Do I really need to go through the trouble of creating my own blog and updating it frequently with new information, getting linkwheels, an email list, endless hours of SEO stuff, just to sell the e-book?

You need people to talk about your product. Even if you have a sales page, people won't still look at it. Or you can go ahead and and try other marketing ideas.
    hometutor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Create a product and sit back or market aggressively? Reply with quote

thatlazyguy wrote:
    WSPcpa wrote:

I would suggest you create your sales page first before creating your product. You absolutely have to nail down all your selling points and ensure your copy has insane punching power before you proceed with anything else.

Thatlazyguy you have the perfect username for what you do Smile

This will sound weird, but I usually end up writing the sales page as I write my first paragraph or two of my ebook. I guess because the reason for my reader to continue to read is the same reason they should buy the book.

Rick
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: