ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

IP address

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    cherilyn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: IP address Reply with quote

I have no knowledge about ethernet address. Can anyone please tell me what is ethernet address and its role in security. If someone knows my PC ethernet address, how would it affect my security? What can he do with that ethernet address?
    MilesBaker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you're confusing IP address with a true Ethernet address or not. Nonetheless, every device that access the internet has an ID also known as an address. Unless you're involved in illegal activity you should not be concerned if someone knows your IP address. If someone knows your Ethernet address I'm not sure what they could really do or actually would do with it, and I'm not sure what other information they would have too. Nonetheless, make sure you're using good security software on your PC and a firewall, make sure you're home network is secure and you should be okay in most instances.

What made you so concerned about someone knowing about your Ethernet address in the first place?
    pentawebexperts1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilesBaker has described very well. i am going to add one more thing that your Internet service provider would have made security measurements at their end. you should then have to make some arrangements on your side to protect your system, from any kind of viruses or spys.
    JohnAadams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types of ip address one is physical and one is static one
    The physical address also known as MAC address or Ethernet address are stored on computer hardware.It is used to find the ip address of the computer also known also arp protocol.I dont know what if some body knows ur hardware address..
    panashmarshel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devices which are connected to the Internet, all have a unique number that calles Internet protocol (IP) address, that contain four numbers. The ip address cantain 32 bit numeric address, that are divided in four separate parts and every number can between 0 to 255.
    jaady

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethernet address is also known as an IP address . There are two types :
    1)Private : It can be set by you to any device .
    2)Public : This address can be used public-ally to identify the user on the internet.

The public address are classified into two types:

1)Dynamic Ip address:

If you reset the modem and the ip address change ,it is dynamic ip address.Dynamic Ip address is suitable for browsing purpose.

2)Static ip address:

If you reset the modem and ip address will not change and remains same hence it is static ip address.

Static ip or dedicated ip address is suitable for website.It helps to get more traffic.You can get the Ip address from your interner service provider.
    If anybody knows the IP address they may hack it . Keep it safe .

you can check the ip address using the site IP-details.com .
    MacyDavis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: IP address Reply with quote

This means that even if there is a DHCP server on the network, it won’t get a new IP address. You can set your computer to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server automatically by going to Start, Control Panel, Network Connections. To solve the IP conflict problem I setup static IP addresses for each computer
    Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: