ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Merchants Using Spyware to Steal Affiliates Commissions
    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Oliver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Merchants Using Spyware to Steal Affiliates Commissions Reply with quote

spywarehound.com
    CB ID spynetw

Uses 180solutions search assistant (spyware) to advertise their product.
    WebFusion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising. I read recently on slashdot that the majority of these so-called "spyware removers" actually install spyware themselves (why an yone would market or purchase one that actually uses parasiteware to market itself is beyond me.

Frankly, I woulldn't market or purchase any of the syware removers that are marketing via clickbank. Not because I have eveidence either way that they are unreliable, but simply because when it comes to antivirus/firewalls/spyware removers, why on earth would you risk using an unknown company.

Belive me, if their product is superior to the other nationally recognized ones (spybot search & destroy, etc.), then they will quickly be recognized by the press.
    kaylowe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about others, but "spydeleter" is the spyware from HELL!!!!!!
    I thought I'd never get rid of it!!!!! And when I did, it messed up my home networking, etc.

Kay
    CharlesLN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: OK, I am not alone Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear a few people mention that too. I have, in general, avoided all Clickbank software (other than ones from the "big guys"). I just never got the feeling that they would be clean of spyware/adware/malware.

I'm happy to see that while I may be overly cautious, I am not alone in this concern.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig file only to be used for a helpful response
    See http://www.clickbanksuccessforum.com/rules-sigfiles.htm
    admin
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just can't beat these speedy responses

Harvey
    Slngz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get wh ya merchants would want to steal an affiliates commission anyway. In the long run surely its a bad thing.

No1 will promote your product and you have given urself a bad rep?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig file violation
    fisalnk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I wouldn't market or purchase any of the spy ware removers that are marketing via click bank.

namllets

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard lots of bad things from the spyware removal software on Clickbank. I personally have never tried it so it's not first hand experience.

I agree with what Slingz said, in the long term it just hurts them. But unfortunately people don't want to add any value to anything, they just want to spam and look for short term profits.

That's sad because it hurts us all. The good thing is that to market right takes time, lots of time and spammers don't want to waste time so in the long run they'll be out.

saraw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the noadaware.net product on clickbank has an okay gravity and so do some of the others. (the new marketplace on there is great by the way). Personally I use adaware and AVG and I don't think I'd market those CB products.

It depends though because people who are potentially buying them are scared and apprehensive to downloading anything new so I would imagine that their conversion rates might be low.

As an aside the noadare page has a scan your computer for fee. I bet you could scan a brand new computer and it would show up with spyware! Not surprising.

Stick with high quality products to promote on CB it makes it better for all of us. Let's promote quality and put the effort in to really build our affiliate business and not just make a quick dollar.

extremexmods

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely terrible but it is reality people will try anything to make a few extra bucks.

I have actually heard of this type of scam being quite common in affiliate marketing. Just as bad are the vendors who have the hoplinks point to their e-mail lead page, and then capture the leads and send out the e-mails about the product without the affiliate ID.

I have a simple solution. Before I start promoting the product I actually purchase it. This is great for several reasons.

1. I can see if the affiliate info is being passed along and I will actually get credit for sales I make.

2. I own the product which makes it much easier to put together a convincing argument as to why the customer should purchase.

3. I can evaluate the product and see if the product is good quality or just going to have a high refund or chargeback rate.
    ClickTrick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebFusion wrote:
    Not surprising. I read recently on slashdot that the majority of these so-called "spyware removers" actually install spyware themselves (why an yone would market or purchase one that actually uses parasiteware to market itself is beyond me.

Those that purchase surely dont know beforehand what they're getting themselves into. And those that market these - well, if they do it smartly enough, the users ends up with a time-released infection and wonder where he got it from...then he or she discovers that the paid version will help him remove the virus. So voila - another customer. Its called capitalism.... Rolling Eyes
    gabz168

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I am a newbie on this field and is still in the process of learning the ropes and don't even have the slightest knowledge about this spyware until now.

Thanks. I will keep this in mind. Smile
    BackLinkPro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I've heard this even with other products (some installing malicious code). If your promoting spyware, lavasoft has an affiliate program I believe and I don't think they sell on clickbank? I used them in the past, free version, and never had a problem... have a Macbook Pro now so no need lol
    feddd

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    that the majority of these so-called "spyware removers" actually install spyware themselves

Yeah, some people say that. But nobody knows the true.
    I partly agree with those who believe that "spyware removers" actually install spyware themselves. Smile
    I am among them.
    redpepper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats terrible.. but I guess you will always have people trying to scam or swindle someone out of money.
    ipnomad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ARE (or used to be) a lot of dodgy "spyware removers" or what is known as rogue software out there. I have no idea why they would sell because some of the best known and best performing spyware and virus removers are free.

You can go do cnet.com and download Avira, Norton, Avast and a tonne of other big brand name options for free or on a free trial. I've never paid for any of these so I guess the people who would buy these rogue stuff must not know about computers.

As an affiliate, I would feel really stupid promoting these.
    Andrew Philips

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They steal everything,WOW accounts included.
    jon45

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for conforming what I always thought is right thing to do. I came across this article on CNET long time back and found it really helpful:
    http://news.cnet.com/2100-1032_3-5153485.html
    It's little bit old but explains some of the cool details about how spyware cures cause more harm than good.

I knew that the spyware removal software on Clickbank are not worth of marketing. I agree with ipnomad that you can go to popular download websites and can get free demo version of good softwares.
    Andrew26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a newbie on this field and is still in the process of learning the ropes and don't even have the slightest knowledge about this spyware until now.
    !!!##00ToodB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Merchants Using Spyware to Steal Affiliates Commissions Reply with quote

Oliver wrote:
    spywarehound.com
    CB ID spynetw

Uses 180solutions search assistant (spyware) to advertise their product.

Can anybody explain a bit more, I am new in amazon affiliate marketing, but I want to learn more about others as well.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: