ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

promoting clickbank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Fiona

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: promoting clickbank Reply with quote

Thanks for advice, I have used blogs in the past and got one of the up to a PR3 but it took me a long time to do it LOL

You mentioned word press, would I need to host it myself or could I get away with using the more basic version? Its just hosting myself is a bit scary and thats where my knowledge grinds to a halt.
    Marcel

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Word Press Blog Setup and Hosting Reply with quote

Hi Fiona,

hosting yourself is absolutely easy, you'll be surprised.

Just get a hosting account, a domain name and build blogs. You can use one domain name and build more blogs with sub-domains. You need a hosting that supports mySQL and PHP. That's all.

My personal recommendation would be Hostgator, available as from under 10 $ a month, it's got wordpress prepared for setup within it already, and you can use infinite mySQL databses and sub-domains at no extra cost (means you can set up as many different niche blogs as you want), but there are many others.

Setup of a Wordpress blog is very easy, the setup tutorial speaks for itself and guides you all the way through. It can be done within minutes.

Hosting your blog(s) on your own frees you off any admins deleting your posts or entire blog as of their will and also will give your site an own recognition in search engines.

All The Best,
    Marcel Cool
    Fiona

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marcel I have experienced a blog going down earlier this year when the company hosting it decided it counted as spam, I had put so much work into it and lost a lot of stuff, I was getting a page rank of 3/10 too, my sign ups to my business dropped off the face of the earth the day they took that blog down.

I really need to get my head round hosting LOL
    Marcel

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Blog Deleted by Hosting Company Reply with quote

Hi Fiona,

had it been a blog within a webhost you had been running with a hosting company, or was the blog itself hosted by somebody else?

Especially Google's Blogger is well known to delete user blogs at their will.

If you had this on your own host and they deleted it, which hosting company did you go for, may I ask?

Also you need to be honest to yourself, had it been a little spammy? This is not to abuse you, only sometimes we market that hard that we do not notice the red line... Happend to me before, so no worries... Embarassed

All The Best,
    Marcel Cool
    Fiona

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel it was blog.co.uk I was using, I found being a total newbie the interface was easy to use and it accepted all the codes for the banners from the company I was promoting, it had been a good learning curve if nothing else Rolling Eyes
    Marcel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Blog Host Admins Deleting Affiliate Blogs Reply with quote

Hi Fiona,

yes, at least you see it this way... Wink

Those free ready-to-go bloghosts can be a good start for affiliates and are o.k. to collect some knowledge and experience.

As you don't host them yourself you have of course no control if any admin employee has a bad mood one day and decides to delete it within a second.

The bad thing is most of the time they do not even inform you about their decision or tell you to give you a chance to modify things if necessary.

What path are you going right now? Wordpress? Website?

All The Best,
    Marcel Cool
    Fiona

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at doing a few blogs to start with and I need to get myself into building my own web sites, another learning curve LOL I have been also looking at Squidoo, I have found you tube a great source to learn from, unfortunately I am running my computer on linex just now so I am limited to what I can do just now until I get windows, I tried doing a video the other day and it was useless.
    kittrad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I think the market is saturated and competition is heavy. It will be a tough challenge though to make it here.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: