ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Need help to create a website or blog
    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    kan1969

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Need help to create a website or blog Reply with quote

Hi Experts,

As I had said earlier, I am completely a newbie in this Clickbank's affiliate field.

Ofcourse, the ebook provided by Harvey threw some light into it.

What I came to know from that and to my knowledge, we need a website or a blog to put hoplinks there and promote the product. I hope I am right here.

Now, if I am right - I need a website or a blog to build and for this can someone help me in it?

With Kind Regards,
    Kannan
    Damian Pang

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You can gain a wealth of knowledge just by reading through our forum threads. Make sure you read as much as possible. Tip: Before posting your questions, use the 'Search' feature located at the top of the page to look for your answers.

You should be able to find resources and tips to build your site/blog here:
    http://clickbanksuccessforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4965

Good luck
    Damian
    scottsplace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kannan, I can say that the webhosting and initial blog install that comes with membership to The Catalog is worth the cost, and actually has been less of a problem than my previous hosting company of two years.

Harvey's team helped me transfer my existing sites to their hosting with less than an hour downtime. Due to the way the internet works, that may not always happen, but I was impressed.
    laurarussell49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Hi Everyone! Reply with quote

Site for blog? Is that what you mean? There are many sites for you to post blogs,
    wikispaces
    Wetpaint
    Wordpress
    Quizilla
    Webs
    Livejournal
    Blog
    Friendster
    Jimdo
    scottsplace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura, none of the places you mentioned in your post are actually YOUR blogs even though you went to the trouble of creating them.

They all have various terms about using them for commercial purposes which often end up in people wasting time creating them only to have them banned.

Free sites do have their uses, but in the long term, having your main sites on hosting you pay for gives you much more flexibility for building a business.
    budmckenzie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that the Catalog Membership is a very good place to start and you will have your own blog setup for you and fully optimized. All you have to do is choose your own theme and start posting. You can add your affiliate links and widgets as you move forward with your blog. The main thing is to have fun with it and post fresh content daily. Choose a niche or topic that you are familiar with and enjoy. The other way is to go to WordPress.org and host a blog yourself. Most marketers choose a domain name to brand themselves such as yourname.com and then you can add yourname.com/blog for your blog. Or, you can create a subdomain such as gardening.yourname.com for your blog. Whatever you feel comfortable with is fine. Personally, I like the subdomain because it helps with targeting your keywords Smile
    taniasharma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some dofollow blog list-
    Cisco
    Grokdotcom
    Links
    Greens
    Sirpi
    Sufehmi
    CurryBet
    NewCritics
    CarlGalloway
    MoFuse
    SocialTimes
    WeblogToolsCollection
    BusinessFinanceMag
    JustinTadlock
    LendingClub
    John Johnson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the beginner, there is nothing wrong with setting up a free blog at blogger/blogspot or some other service. It is easy to do and you can use it to promote affiliate and/or your own products. For those without experience building a web site, it is a good alternative which will get you up and running fast. Then you can send traffic to it.
    From there, definitely move toward a site/blog that you own and use the experience you've gained from setting up/operating/promoting the free site to get your "owned" site rocking.
    affiliate33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice would be to first get a free blog (blogger, wordpress, tumblr) and get in the habit of creating consistent, unique content. If you can do this without problems, and find an affiliate product that interests you, then I'd say move on to the next step by purchasing a domain, hosting and installing wordpress.

Without your own domain, you're going to be lacking a level of trust from potential customers. You have to really get down to the question of why someone is going to buy something from you rather than all the other affiliates out there. How do you do this?

By creating a website that offers value and resources that aren't offered by other affiliates. You have to distinguish yourself from the masses, and the first step to doing that is literally branding yourself to stand out. So picture your affiliate efforts as a legitimate business and before you even register a domain, understand what your business's goals are going to be. This will help give your efforts structure when you get down to actually creating a website.
    couponsitescript.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help to create a website or blog Reply with quote

kan1969 wrote:
    Hi Experts,

As I had said earlier, I am completely a newbie in this Clickbank's affiliate field.

Ofcourse, the ebook provided by Harvey threw some light into it.

What I came to know from that and to my knowledge, we need a website or a blog to put hoplinks there and promote the product. I hope I am right here.

Now, if I am right - I need a website or a blog to build and for this can someone help me in it?

With Kind Regards,
    Kannan

You can make a blog on blogger.com or wordpress.com. It is all free.
    webguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have my own blog or website yet because i am just an affiliate and i think i don't really need it. So far i made sales from ppc advertising only, its not bad at all.

If you want to create a free blog, i heard that wordpress is better for marketer than blogspot.
    JoeSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webguy wrote:
    I don't have my own blog or website yet because i am just an affiliate and i think i don't really need it. So far i made sales from ppc advertising only, its not bad at all.

If you want to create a free blog, i heard that wordpress is better for marketer than blogspot.

If your goal is to make just a little extra money then I agree that you don't necessarily need a website, or blog site, of your own.

But if you plan to build a business online owning your own site is an absolute must. Most importantly you won't build trust, or credibility, without owning your domain and site.

That, of course, is my personal opinion.
    alrob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I tried to set up my own website for the first time I also had a lot of questions. For me personally the hardest thing was to find the right web hosting company for my requirements. The best thing to do is to ask your friends which web host they are using. I also have a lot of affiliate links on my website.

Last edited by alrob on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
    thatlazyguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrob wrote:
    When I tried to set up my own website for the first time I also had a lot of questions. For me personally the hardest thing was to find the right web hosting company for my requirements. The best thing to do is to ask your friends which web host they are using. I also have a lot of affiliate links on my website.

I can help you out with this...
    I've been with hostgator.com for 6 years. Have independent monitoring scripts setup and my shared server NEVER went down once - unscheduled. The scheduled downtime was twice for 15 minutes at 3.30am when they did a major kennel update (other minor updates do not require restarting server). That's a total of 30 minutes in 6 years.

To give you an example of how important server uptime was for me, in the good old days I used to enjoy SOME days (not all the time) with 10k to 15k in sales. So there's was no way I could afford downtime.

I fully recommend them. They have grown into a big hosting company over the years...but they DO care about their customers and have plenty of staff. My help emails were normally answered within 30 minutes and you can also chat live 24/7 with sales or support.

Hope this helps.
    tiedfinals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For blog, your main choices are blogspot and wordpress. Both are top candidates in making a blog. I've experienced trying to create at blogspot and its easy but I didn't push through so I can't tell you anything on maintenance or editing. Hope this helps.
    suryaworldedu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are number of sites for blog creation. Just register & log into using you account while registering. & start posting. Also you can do editing, deleting & new postings to the blogs. the mostly used sites are wordpress, blogger, blog.com, podbean, blogetery, blogpico & so on...
    ContentQueen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damian Pang wrote:
    Hi and welcome to the forum,

You can gain a wealth of knowledge just by reading through our forum threads. Make sure you read as much as possible. Tip: Before posting your questions, use the 'Search' feature located at the top of the page to look for your answers.

You should be able to find resources and tips to build your site/blog here:
    http://clickbanksuccessforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4965

Good luck
    Damian

Many, many apologies for posting on here so late, but I wanted to graciously thank EVERYONE on here for all of their advice and guidance. I'm very, very new to the world of affiliate marketing, content creation & corporate blogging, so I appreciate any tips and tricks I find. I've never written a blog post or posted in a comment a day in my life. Forum posts, yes. Blog comments, no. I've always been more of a lurker when it came to blog articles. Interestingly enough, I had no idea that blog posts could be considered such an important component for client promotion.

I especially want to acknowledge Damian for the link that he provided. It was super informative and it's certainly a great motivator. I'll be sure to start building my blog right away. With any luck, I'll be able to right fantastic content to promote our client's products. =)

Thanks, all! I can't wait to join the clickbank community. Very Happy
    kittrad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wordpress I think is the best option if you want a site for blog. If you're still starting up, you can probably just get a shared hosting service for a start.
    hometutor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webguy wrote:

The way I generally explain this is without your own website you are starting over everyday in your business. You are also not getting the full benefit of your ppc investment since no one can subscribe to your newsletter. They are however subscribing to the vendors' newsletters and therefore future sales of future products will go to the vendor without benefiting you at all.

Wordpress doesn't necessarily like affiliate links. With blogger you can use affiliate links and Google Adsense for additional income, however, note my statement above.

Rick
    prad123

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many free web site builder available you can create your own blogs on such websites
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> Marketing ClickBank Products All times are GMT
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: