ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

O/T: This really IS a 3-day offer
    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: O/T: This really IS a 3-day offer Reply with quote

Contrary to some of the hyped offerings you see on your
    travels the offer in today's newsletter really will last just 3
    days. The author has guaranteed it.

SUPERTIPS EZINE

Issue 104: July 12, 2005
    Harvey Segal, Editor

Hello SuperTips readers,

I came across a question at a forum on Sunday.

"What is the highest affiliate commission from a single
    sale, that you've made"

I replied by referring to my first (free) book Guru Magic
    written back in 2001.

It featured some 35 famous marketers giving away their top
    tips and I used my affiliate link where applicable to
    their sites.

Over the years as this book gets distributed by affiliates
    I (and they) have been receiving commission from sales
    from links in the book.

For one guru I never had any sale until THREE years
    later.... when one of my highest ever commissions arrived
    out of the blue - $196.

(And by the way the commission rate was only 10%)

Which just shows you the potential earning power of free
    books when distributed in the right way.

Over the years I've made attempts to refine the viral
    aspect of handing out free books.

First I've made payment free. In this way you get more
    affiliates willing to distribute your books.

And then I've used a technique whereby an affiliate does
    not have to download the book, run a rebranding program,
    and upload a copy to his site. He just promotes one link.

I've now completed this exercise with the introduction of
    free rebranding for the remaining book - Forum SuperTips -
    of the four free SuperTips books at

http://www.supertips.com

And if you want to see how to link to ANY of my books or
    sites and earn 51% commission for sale of any of the
    "SuperTips Products" then visit

http://www.supertips.com/links/

Take a note of how all the books/sites interlink so that a
    reader of Forum SuperTips might purchase an entirely
    unrelated product like the ad tracker AdTrackZ, worth $45
    commission to you.

Now I can't guarantee that a reader will make a purchase
    from a book, no more than I can guarantee he will visit a
    web site and purchase.

What I will say is that all the links in the books are
    highly relevant to the content and woven in naturally in a
    low key style - which increases the chance of a sale.

However, someone has persuaded me that I CAN guarantee
    getting paid every time a reader downloads my books.

And he's written a book on how to do it.

I'm going to be putting his ideas into practise.

You can too when you visit his site, but note that his
    genuine discount offer to SuperTips readers WILL only
    last 72 hours as it states.

http://www.supertips.com/r/giving-away.html

Regards
    Harvey
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Privacy statement: Your address is NEVER
    sold, traded or shared with anyone.

To subscribe:
    Mailto:ezine@supertips2.com or
    http://www.supertips.com/ezine/

To unsubscribe:
    Mailto:unsubscribe-ezine@supertips2.com

Contact details:
    email:hsegal@supertips.com
    snail: Harvey Segal, 158 Morton Way, Southgate,
    London N14 7AL, United Kingdom.

Copyright (C) 2005 by Harvey Segal, SuperTips

Newsletter Archives: click HERE

Last edited by Harvey Segal on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:52 am; edited 3 times in total
    Tim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Tues, 8:01 am + 72 hours = ? Reply with quote

Harvey, I clicked on the link, and the giveaway offer seems to have already expired.

Did I see that correctly?

-- TW

PS: Or was the 8:01 am GMT?
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lance the author has miscalculated.
    It should run for another 10 hours.

I've contacted him.

Harvey

PS. It proves he keeps to his word
    Harvey Segal
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK it's back up now

Harvey
    edlewis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone bought this ebook?

Curious to hear what you think of it if you have - sounds interesting, but I've been burned before.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks
    Adrian Ling
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

I've known Harvey Segal since 2001, and if my memory serves me correctly, he has been online since 1997 (or is it earlier Harvey?).

As far as I can remember, most of his products/websites contain some element of viral marketing - so, I do consider him as an authority on that subject.

If he says it's good, then IT IS - because I know he doesn't simply
    promote stuff unless he believes in them. I know because I've asked him
    on a few occassion to promote some products which I'm enthusiastic about ... and he TURNED ME DOWN because he didn't feel the same way.
    Sad

Best regards,
    Adrian
    edlewis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    If he says it's good, then IT IS - because I know he doesn't simply
    promote stuff unless he believes in them

Well, I'll have to disagree with him on this one then........

Bought and was less than impressed. I'm not here to 'flame" anyone - so that's all I'll say.

Sad
    Adrian Ling
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edlewis wrote:

Well, I'll have to disagree with him on this one then........

Bought and was less than impressed. I'm not here to 'flame" anyone - so that's all I'll say.

Sad

Hi Ed,

That's ok, not everyone prefers BMWs, some prefers Audi's or Volvos instead.

You're entitled to your opinion, although I find it interesting that you asked the question at 12:46pm (your first post) and 4 hrs later (at 4:40pm), said you've bought it and don't like it.

The real value in any product, is to reflect on what you've read, and then put into action what you've learnt.

Also, it's quite impossible to read a book where everything is "new" to you - there're bound to be stuff which you've already know ... but if there's one or 2 things which strikes you - and you can make good use of it, then I would consider it money well spent.

For example, I subscribe to John Reese's Monthly Confidential newsletter at $95/mth - in last month's newsletter, 1 short paragraph really struck me and I consider that 1 short paragraph alone is worth 1 year's subscription.

The value of any product you purchase is what you make of it.

Best wishes,
    Adrian
    edlewis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah _ I hear people say that alot.....and to SOME extent, I believe it is true.

However, the product in dispute was......well.....see I'm not here to flame anyone.

Believe me 4 hours is PLENTY of time to figure out whether a product is of sufficient quality or not.

Listen - Maybe I'm different than you....but if I fork over 100 bucks I want instant, tangible VALUE. Not some "theory" dreamed up by someone......

I had a "gut" feeling from the salesletter that this was that type of product .....but I took a chance.

Oh well.....product was refunded promptly.

This had nothing to do with "knowing" everything in the ebook that was purchased......It's about value and quality.

Quote:
    The real value in any product, is to reflect on what you've read, and then put into action what you've learnt.

Well, not when that product is based purely in "theory" and supplies no real INFO.

You don't buy a product (at least I don't) for "maybes" - you buy it for instant value.

Maybe if a lot of the people selling products did a better job of this, they wouldn't have nearly as many refunds.

Frankly, the more I type the more upset I get.......

Here you have a case where someone is selling a book telling people that they can make (and I quote) - "$38,487.50 per MONTH

Yet the author himself has never used the system....huh?

Apparently more money could be made selling this little "system" than by actually putting it to use.

I'm sorry - but I don't think this type of thing is "cool".

Frankly this is what is wrong with alot of the products - especially IM products out there today.

Too many "johnny-come-lately's" trying to get rich on the internet by telling other people how to get rich on the internet.

Look - there's nothing wrong with selling a book or product on making money on the internet - don't misunderstand what I'm saying.......it's a very nice niche and you can actually HELP a lot of people.

But if you don't have any real info on something and are just looking to make a buck without providing value- well, there is something wrong with that.

If you've never made a dime online - then maybe you shouldn't be selling a book telling people how THEY should try to make a dime.

And if you really, really want to make such a product - at least do it the RIGHT way......by leveraging the knowledge of others.

At least this way you are providing value to your customers - not just trying desperately to get them to click on the "Order" button by telling them anything and everything the WANT to hear.

Seriously......I better stop now......I've probably already said too much....... Mad

PS - I really don't like what you are insinuating when you say this:

Quote:
    You're entitled to your opinion, although I find it interesting that you asked the question at 12:46pm (your first post) and 4 hrs later (at 4:40pm), said you've bought it and don't like it.

If the author offers a 90 day money back guarantee there is nothing wrong with using it if you feel a product doesn't deliver.

The amount of time you have the product makes no difference.

Last edited by edlewis on Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    edlewis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    The value of any product you purchase is what you make of it.

I'm sorry but I strongly DISAGREE with this......

The burden of providing VALUE is solely placed on the person creating and selling the product - not the person buying it.

People in the IM field seem to have this one backward.
    Adrian Ling
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down Ed. I'm not here to pick a fight with you.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

What I'm saying is that different people find values in different stuff. 2 person can look at the same thing and pick up different values - OR one may love it, and another hate it.

Case in point, I'm a fan of Anthony Robbins - read all his books and loved them. Persuaded my wife to read one (Awaken the Giant Within) ... after a few pages, she turned to me and asked - what's all the fuss about this book?

As you've mentioned, the refund policies are there - if something is of no value to you, then ask for refund.

Regards,
    Adrian
    LanceM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Now for the FACTS Reply with quote

I am new to this group and in no way intend to come in ranting and raving. However, being the author of the book in question I do feel that I have some say.

Seeing as how you spent so much time “not Flaming” me, I feel that I should do the same and come straight to the point.

I appreciate that you spent four whole hours reading my book. I am sure that this gave you more then enough time to digest this new system which has not been in practice for more then a couple thousand years.

This concept is not new, but it does offer a twist that I have not seen on the Net before.

As for me not having used this system…I don’t know where you got this. The system is in place and working well.

You say you had a “bad gut feeling” about the book, so you bought it? Uh-huh.

My system offers people the opportunity to promote books in a different way and in the long run very possibly make more money with less effort than they ever could by selling them.

I have bought products in the past that did not work for the particular project that I was involved with at the time. I did not deem it a bad investment. That knowledge is mine and I have used or may use it in the future.

This is not a fix all for all situations. But it is time tested…yes even by me and it can help a lot of people out. Especially those who have a product that is not selling the way they would like it to.

As you said you got your refund promptly. I spend hours daily working with people on their projects and take a lot of pride in how I handle my customers because you are right, there are too many fly-by-night businesses on the net.

As for your shock and amazement that I would say a person can make "$38,487.50 per MONTH,” we didn’t make it that hard to figure out. The example is completely explained in the sales letter that you read before you bought the book. 3079 downloads times $12.50 equals that amount. It’s simple math.

But perhaps you meant to buy a book on arithmetic.

And it’s a reasonable example. Many free e-books are downloaded 15,000 times or more per month, we have the stats to back it. And without going into a lot of detail, just today I spoke with a client who is lining his book up to receive three times that amount per download. How much you can make depends upon your subject matter.

I stand behind my product. Of all copies sold, my refund rate has been less than 1%, and the majority of those refund requests came within hours of the product being purchased, most likely from “chronic refunders.”

Lance Mock
    www.howtomakebigmoneygivingawayebooks.com
    edlewis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....this ticks me off -
    Quote:
    Of all copies sold, my refund rate has been less than 1%, and the majority of those refund requests came within hours of the product being purchased, most likely from “chronic refunders.”

How do you know that the refunds came from what you call "chronic refunders"??

I'd like to know how you have this information....so would hundreds of other marketers.

Now that that is out of the way -

Mr. Mock - not all of the complaints I made in my posts are referring to your book specifically. I was speaking about ebooks and ebook marketing in a broader, general sense.

Some were related to your ebook, some weren't....I am sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
    I appreciate that you spent four whole hours reading my book. I am sure that this gave you more then enough time to digest this new system which has not been in practice for more then a couple thousand years.

Well, seeing as it was a pdf file that was under 100 pages.....4 hours is probably 3 hours too long. How long I had the book means NOTHING.

Quote:
    As for me not having used this system…I don’t know where you got this. The system is in place and working well.

That's funny.....you don't make one mention of it in the book. No examples, nothing that shows that you are using this method - other than your word.

If you are using it I would assume that if I type "Lance Mock" in parenthesis into Google a number of ebooks you are using this technique with will pop up - they don't.

Quote:
    My system offers people the opportunity to promote books in a different way and in the long run very possibly make more money with less effort than they ever could by selling them.

The system is flawed.

Mr. Mock, you talk about Google Adwords in your book a lot and use it as an example of why your method will work.

Well, one of the reasons Google Adwords works is that Google acts as the middle man between advertiser and customer. Google has tracking systems that can be trusted.

Using your method there is no unbiased middle man to track the number of downloads. Any advertiser who is just going to "trust" someone writing an ebook and pay them per download is just asking to be scammed.

What if someone had all their friends and family members just start downloading the book like crazy? They could possibly steal thousands from advertisers.

There is no mechanism to regulate REAL downloads in your system. An advetiser just has to "trust" the ebook author.

Any advertiser would ask this question within seconds of hearing about this system.

This is, in fact, why advertisers have AFFILIATE programs - it takes the risk out of paying for advertising. Advertisers only pay when an affiliate refers a buying customer or sends them a lead.

Less risk for the advertiser = better return on their advetising budget.

Quote:
    You say you had a “bad gut feeling” about the book, so you bought it? Uh-huh.

Yes, that is absolutely TRUE. The proof lies right here in this very forum, in this thread to be exact.....I posted my first post before I bought the book, asking if anyone had read it.

Obviously, I wasn't sure about purchasing it.

Well.....you do offer a 90 day guarantee that states (directly from your website):

I want you to be 100% satisfied with every aspect of the "How to Make Big Money Giving Away E-Books" Product...

If at any time within the next 90 days - 3 whole months! - you're not 100% satisfied with the"How to Make Big Money Giving Away E-Books" Product for any reason, simply send me an email and I'll refund 100% of your purchase price. No questions asked!"

Guaranteed. It's that simple.

I must say that put me over the top......what did I have to lose???

Without the guarantee, I hit the "Back" button on my browser and go on my merry way.

That's why a marketer uses a guarantee isn't it?

To entice buyers who normally wouldn't purchase or who are on the fence to go ahead and try the product out. If it entices them to buy and they like it - you make a sale you wouldn't have made without the guarantee.

If they don't like it, well you click a few buttons, issue a refund, and lose nothing.

Quote:
    As for your shock and amazement that I would say a person can make "$38,487.50 per MONTH,” we didn’t make it that hard to figure out. The example is completely explained in the sales letter that you read before you bought the book. 3079 downloads times $12.50 equals that amount. It’s simple math.

Making statements like this without any sort of proof or without a Disclaimer means you are walking a slippery slope Mr. Mock. I am not a lawyer but this claim is a tad bit misleading.

Especially since you have provided no proof that this statement holds any water......It's just a "maybe" statement.

Kind of like if I sold a book titled "How to make $7 million dollars by only spending a dollar" - then told my readers to go buy a lottery ticket. "Maybe" you could win.

Quote:
    But perhaps you meant to buy a book on arithmetic.

Yeah, I saw how you arrived at that number, but anyone can just throw out numbers. Where's the hard proof?

On top of that being a sarcastic wisen-heimer probably isn't the best way to defend your product.

Quote:
    I stand behind my product. Of all copies sold, my refund rate has been less than 1%, and the majority of those refund requests came within hours of the product being purchased, most likely from “chronic refunders.”

Again I feel I need to address this.

First off, I am by no means a "chronic refunder".......

Second, if you don't like refunds, don't offer the guarantee!

It seems like you have a disgust for someone who is not satisfied with your product. If that's the case - why do you offer the refund?

Finally, I'll put this out to the forum.....Buy Mr. Mock's ebook, judge it for yourself and see how long it takes YOU to decide what YOUR thoughts are on it.

As I said before - 4 hours is a LONG time. I read it twice in that time frame.

Let me finish by saying this - had the product had ANY, and I mean ANY, verifiable, real, hard proof that this system was actually being used and not just being sold - I would not have requested a refund.

However, the book provides none.

Have a nice day everyone.
    rosie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, read your posts, started to read your last one, but I'm not real big on long diatribes, who is?

I bought the book three weeks ago, had no problems. I found sponsors for my friend's book (he's a chiropractor,) coming out in 11 days, he'll be getting $14.45 per free download, I get a percentage.

And BTW, to check downloads, you go to your stats page, take a screen shot, and email it to the sponsor. Not real difficult.

I've started on my own book, two sponsors lined up, will find a third. Probably $3 - $4 per download, but a hot topic, so should do quite well.

Lance has been a big help, answered my questions promptly. System is very easy to understand, and easy to implement. But, like everything else in life, you have to actually take action, as in DO something. ;-)

They also say the bumblebee can't fly, but apparently no one told the bee that.

The bonuses were cool, too. Something like $5,000 worth, some old stuff in there, but also some very useful things, whole package was well worth every cent and more.
    edlewis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    I found sponsors for my friend's book (he's a chiropractor,) coming out in 11 days, he'll be getting $14.45 per free download, I get a percentage.

What's the name and URL of this ebook "rosie"??

Quote:
    And BTW, to check downloads, you go to your stats page, take a screen shot, and email it to the sponsor. Not real difficult.

I know how to check downloads - that still does NOT solve the problem!

There is still no way to prevent fraudulent downloads......

Quote:

I've started on my own book, two sponsors lined up, will find a third. Probably $3 - $4 per download, but a hot topic, so should do quite well.

Okay....what's the name of the book and who are the sponsors? I'd like to download a copy.

Quote:
    Lance has been a big help, answered my questions promptly. System is very easy to understand, and easy to implement. But, like everything else in life, you have to actually take action, as in DO something. Wink

This post strikes me as a tad bit suspicious to say the least. First time poster.....more vague, general statements with no real proof.

Very weird.
    pspr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you guys (and gals) leave Ed alone? He just said he didn't like the book and let it go at that. Now you've goated him into elaborating then someone complains about his long (elaboate) post. Let it go already!
    edlewis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really though.....my post isn't that long....it just looks long because I use short sentences and lots of quotes.

That's okay really.....I think it's totally fair for someone to discuss differing viewpoints with me when they haven't taken the 30 seconds it takes to read my post. </end sarcasm>

Laughing
    stovis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Give Away Free Ebooks Program Reply with quote

I see Rosie never came back to provide a URL or example of her friend's book.

I think Ed's questions are well thought out.

Does anyone have any proof of this system being worked effectively?

Real life examples of e-books, etc?

And how would one solve the trust issue and the potential for fraudulent downloads?
    edlewis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Give Away Free Ebooks Program Reply with quote

stovis wrote:
    I see Rosie never came back to provide a URL or example of her friend's book.

I think Ed's questions are well thought out.

Does anyone have any proof of this system being worked effectively?

Real life examples of e-books, etc?

And how would one solve the trust issue and the potential for fraudulent downloads?

Funny isn't it???

I ask some "hard" questions about the product and all we get is a post from "rosie" - a first time, only time poster - who has rave reviews of this obviously flawed product.

This is typical of what you see daily online. It's actually kind of sad.

Just another person trying to "take the money and run".

No matter what any "guru" says - basic business principles still apply online.

Find out what customers WANT, provide it, and always, always, always OVER-deliver on quality.

Repeat.

Where is old "rosie"?????? Hahaha......

Peace.
    Tissa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edlewis, couldn't agree with you more. You asked all the right questions - which still remain unanswered. (The suspect post from "Rosie" notwithstanding...). Perhaps another case of the so-called "gurus" making money selling picks and shovels, when in reality there's little gold - if any - in the hills.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: