ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index ClickBankSuccessForum.com
ClickBank Success Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Clickbank Success Forum Featured Links.

• ClickBank Affiliate SuperTips
  • The number one marketing tool
  • $7 ClickBank Reports
  • The Ultimate Rebrander
  • To see how your message can be featured, Click here.

Rant of the day - merchants who make it hard to affiliate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    SunilTanna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Rant of the day - merchants who make it hard to affiliate Reply with quote

I'm displaying literally millions of banner impressions on our sites, I'm always looking for general interest (not marketing or webmaster) type offers with 468X60 banners to display on our sites.

If I pick your banner, you can get a lot of impressions and clicks

For example, on just one of our sites, the top banner includes quite a number of banners in rotation (I usually aim for 20 to 40 banners available in each slot on busier sites so users don't keep seeing the same one again and again). Just one of these banners has had 4399 clicks in the last few months.

As most of the banners eventually expire (timed limited offers), I periodically go looking for new banners to try out. I tend to use another affiliate networks, as I find it a major chore to find good banners from merchants in the ClickBank market place.

1. Some merchants are not good to affiliate with as commission rate is too low, site unprofessional or they push PayPal purchases

2. A lot of merchants require you to sign-up for an ezine just to see what links/banners they have available. Sometimes you even have to confirm your subscription just to see the links. Imagine how frustrating it is to go thru the market place, jump thru hoops to see the banners for a particular merchant, and then discover they don't have any that you want. Repeat that 50 times, and you will see why I rarely use ClickBank banners for this purpose.

3. While it is nice to have text links, popups, HTML ad boxes and whatnot, the main industry-standard size for banners is still 468X60 pixels. Many merchants don't have these at all.

4. If you have a 468X60 banner, (a) don't use one with a label "Made with Free AdDesigner" or similar, (b) don't make it a "branding" banner - affiliates are paid per sale in ClickBank not per impression, (c) Please make sure the banner is GIF or JPG (not BMP) and reasonable size (<20K) - there is no point in having a 400K banner

I'll make an offer right here.

If you are a merchant with a good GENERAL INTEREST (not marketing or webmaster or making money) site, which has a decent commission rate, no PayPal links, and some reasonable 468X60 banners, and is 120% family safe (no swearing, no alcohol, no gambling type stuff, no DVD or MP3 ripping software etc.).... then I will look seriously at your affiliate banner and probably run it for 1000 to 5000 impressions per day (if you get 1% click rate that is 10 to 50 targeted visitors per day)

I'd prefer if you host your own banners. Be aware that 5000 impressions per day of a 20K banner is 3Gb bandwith/month (so maybe you should aim for a 10K banner, that is only 1.5Gb/month)
    stillhill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunil,

Check out my sig.. if you're interested feel free to contact me.
    Our commission is the highest in our niche and works well for most all audiences.

Peter
    SunilTanna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'll try banner 1 for a bit. I don't think you are going to get that many clicks on it, as I think this probably isn't a very high CTR banner (I'm guessing 0.1% CTR rather than 1%, but we'll see)

Banners 2 to 4 are not really what I want, as they spell out your domain name in the banner.

And the offer is still open to others....
    Michael Rasmussen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SunilTanna,

I offer a variety of ClickBank products that all pay 50% commission. Each affiliate center includes professional high quality banners, ecovers as well as email and ezine ad templates you can send to your list.

You can learn more about it at:
    http://www.bulletproofmarketing.com/clickbank/

The webistes and sales letters are top quality which bring good conversion rates.

Thanks,

Michael Rasmussen
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
    stillhill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunil,

Thanks for trying! I am in the process of getting some banners produced. They will be animated and should imprve CR.

Peter
    rwbenjamin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Affiliates earn 75% per sale Reply with quote

You or anyone selling products offered from Clickbank merchants our welcome to sell ours also. We pay 75% per sale which I believe is a nice rate. We sell a product that is marketed to every home owner and person who rents an apartment.
    http://www.rb59.com/clickbank/home
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ClickBankSuccessForum.com Forum Index -> ClickBank Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: